We have an immediate opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join a Global Manufacturer of specialty engineered products and materials. Looking for a “Hands-On” engineer to manage maintenance and repairs for the plant. You will pursue continuous improvement of all manufacturing processes, equipment and support systems. You will execute assigned engineering projects, coordinate internal and external maintenance services and administer the work order. This position fills in for the Maintenance Manager when absent.
This important role has a very strong compensation package. Company relocation is provided to a beautiful area close to Lake Ontario and Syracuse NY. in an area that has a cost of living 24% below the US average and very affordable housing. This is in a area that provides the convenience of small city living with quick access to a large metro areas.
- Manages engineering projects such as safety improvements, equipment upgrades, installation, energy savings, or process improvements.
- Perform maintenance planning under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager
- Uses maintenance planning software system to create, print, and distribute work orders
- Convert work requests to detailed work orders using maintenance planning software.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis to identify permanent repairs for equipment failures.
- Creates and implement solutions to reoccurring maintenance issues.
- Develops comprehensive preventative maintenance program for all of the facility.
- Stage parts and materials for work orders.
- Manage blanket purchase orders and service contracts.
- Coordinate service, fabrication and repair work performed by contractors/vendors.
- Manage purchases and services to minimize costs.
- Create Capital Acquisition Requests (CAR) for capitalized equipment or repairs.
- Serve as an active participant in programs that promote continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or a related technical field;
- Must be skilled in Instrumentation and Controls, Plant Management Systems, Preventive Maintenance Programs
- Need to be strong with documentation systems
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of maintenance and reliability technologies such as asset productivity best practices, PPM, RCFA, RCM, MIQA, planning and scheduling, etc.
- Experienced in mechanical, pneumatics and electrical repair
- exposure to and ability to hold one’s own related electrical desired.
- Experience working in a union environment highly valued.
- 5+ years’ experience in maintenance
- Prior team leadership or some supervisory experience.
- Experience in an industrial facility required with knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools and equipment used for maintaining an industrial facility.
- Have knowledge of Six Sigma and of ISO: 9001.
- Advanced education is a plus
- Professional certifications / trainings are a plus.