This is your chance!!! Join a Tier 1 leader in the high volume casting / machining and associated services of metal parts / components used in the automotive industry. The Controls Engineer is a high visibility important role that ensures that all automated plant manufacturing equipment, maintenance systems, and production processes are optimized! You will work with your partners in crime (the engineering and maintenance team) to set up controls & automation for equipment and production lines.
THIS IS NOT boring repetitive work, because you will be solving and diagnosing operational equipment problems and saving the day by implementing corrective measures to get all controllers, PLCs, HMIs, Motor controls and frequency drives of all plant equipment and production machinery things going again! As an appointed Kingpin of Automation, you are responsible for all automation projects from conception to implementation at the plant! You also perform regular system and software backups. If you are self-motivated, have the ability to trouble shoot, diagnose, and resolve issues in a Tier 1 Production Machining environment then what are you waiting for?!!!
This is a great position with a growing stable manufacturing company and has a competitive compensation package. Company relocation is provided to Howell Michigan, Company benefits include Medical with PPO / HSA Options, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short term / Long term Disability, and a 401k match.
To apply, open this link:[[Profile.Automation Controls Engineer]]
- Provide technical assistance to the manufacturing team in a high volume machining operations.
- Programs and integrates CNC, PLC, motion control, robotics, operator interface, temperature control, and facility systems.
- Debug CNC, PLC, motion control, operator interface, temperature control, and facility systems
- Assist the Maintenance department
- Assist in setting plant electrical and control standards
- Team member on various new equipment purchases / installations
- Startup and training activities of new equipment and processes
- Responsible for all automation projects for the plant operation
- Management and maintenance of the plant capital budget
- Investigating problems to their root cause and implementing solutions
- Execution of capital expenditure projects both large and small
- Training of plant personnel on engineering and technical issues
- Participate in plant Lean efforts to improve processes
- Occasional travel to other local plant
BSEE highly desired but will consider AS with more experience.
3+ years of experience in plant engineering or maintenance within an automated manufacturing environment
Engineering skills including knowledge of control systems, mechanics, pneumatics and factory
Develop and/or modify PLC, CNC, touch screen, HMI, robotic, vision, for factory equipment.
Floor equipment programming and upgrading automation for improvements
Strong ability to gather information, investigate, and troubleshoot
Siemens CNC, Fanuc CNC, ABB robot experience is a plus
Allen Bradley applications, PLC, OIT, UFD, SERVO
PC applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) Auto CAD
Professional certifications are a plus
Advanced Education is a plus