We have an exceptional role for a VP Sales to join a national manufacturer of repair, refinish, and detail product lines for the automotive body repair / aftermarket. This company has a strong track record of growth, a reputation for service and is very competitive in the market.
Looking for a polished sales leader and strong communicator that will be accountable for sales, sales strategy, asset deployment, expense management, and profitability of the entire sales channel. You will provide strategic leadership for leading your team to accomplish consistent sales growth and expand the in a profitable manner. Responsibilities include developing and mentoring leaders within the sales organization to expand distribution and sales in the automotive body repair market via 2-Step Chains. This important leadership role has a strong compensation plan and is located in MI.
Forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide leadership for a team of that includes a National Sales Manager, a International Sales Manager, 6 Regional Managers and 40 Territory Managers. You will coach them in the field and in formal training situations. You are supported by a team of technical service reps.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of both direct and indirect reports.
- Build the bench. Recruit, interview and hire great talent.
- Training and mentoring team members.
- Evaluate performance. Reward and instill a culture of accountability.
- Address complaints and resolve problems.
- Develop, implement and measure company sales programs.
- Manage strategic customer relationships to drive accelerated growth and expand market share.
- Ensure professional communication with sales team and customers.
- Collaborate on new product development and support new product sales.
- Maintain a professional sales culture.
- Set an example of open communication, integrity, teamwork and sales growth.
- Develop an ongoing sales training curriculum.
- Planning and coordination of sales meetings.
- Hiring, training, supervision of sales management.
- Must have ability to teach selling and business skills.
- Provide positive leadership to entire sales force.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B. A.) from four-year College or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-10 years of management experience
- 5+ years strategic sales leadership experience, preferably within the automotive aftermarket or OEM industries
- Ability to communicate professionally in small and large group settings.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Experienced with mining sales data to develop strategies for growth.
- Skilled with professional presentations, reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information to, and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- Skilled in optimizing profitability in terms of margin, markup and gross margin return on investment.
- Held previous P&L responsibility and management.
- Possess a valid drivers license and passport.
- Ability to resolve practical problems and respond correctly to a variety of business variables within the organization and sales channel.
- Travel requirements up to 60%
- Advanced education is a plus.
- Professional training, certifications are a plus.
- Bilingual skills in English/Spanish is a plus.