We have a confidential opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager to join a leading chemical manufacturer. You will lead a team that manages raw material supply and inventory,. This role has responsibility to ensure raw material forecasts are provided to vendors, Sourcing, Supply Chain team members that need the information for planning. Accountable to develop feasible plans to manage continuous supply of material through vendor outages, vendor force majeures and our internal production outages. This includes proactively recognizing materials supply issues and developing alternatives, gaining business agreement on the approach and communicating to all impacted the execution on the plan.
Forward resume to: email@example.com
- Translate demand requirements and supply capability into an inventory plan in monthly resolution that satisfies expected demand at the lowest business cost, the plan should include short term (0~2 months) and mid term (3~24 months).
- Tracks all master planning metrics and reports appropriately.
- Leads root cause analysis for key metrics.
- Recommend changes to target inventories, kanbans, turns and safety stocks when necessary
- Develops “what if” scenarios for the mid-term horizon to support the plans of the business.
- Assure available inventory is located appropriately to meet the business’ distribution strategy while minimizing product distribution expense and inventory levels.
- Responsible for objectives, reviews, time card approvals, and other personnel matters for the team that reports to this role.
- Collaborate with Business Managers to ensure lead time and resource capacity requirements are considered when reviewing and approving commitments for material availability.
- Interaction with Demand Management, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Product Line Leaders and Sourcing to effectively balance supply and demand
- Providing improved efficiency and effectiveness within the supply chain
- Analyze short, mid and long-term affiliate demands by collecting and monitoring business forecasts for sourced finished goods.
- Utilize the SAP allocation tool to manage product shortages when necessary.
- Participate in supply chain optimization projects as required, including process and freight optimization, and proactively identify issues and opportunities for improvement
- BS/BA Degree
- 10+ years business experience in Supply Chain
- Must be experienced and skilled with SAP.
- Previous Supply Chain leadership experience is required.
- Previous experience for chemical processing, pharma or refinery operations is highly valued.
- Excellent organizational, communication, collaborative and interpersonal skills to foster respect and teamwork within the Supply Chain, commercial teams and other internal/ external partners.
- Developed leadership skills to manage and develop direct reports
- Strong business acumen
- Strong customer focus, strategic thinker, able to negotiate between conflicting priorities and requests.
- Ability to multi-task, project management skills, ability to deal with conflicting deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent analytical and planning skills, with a keen understanding of the data needed to support decision making.
- Comfortable with change management and able to identify process enhancement opportunities.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skillset.
- Demonstrated ability to identify improvement and optimization opportunities.
- APICS CPIM certification is a plus
- Six Sigma Black Belt and/or certified Lean Practitioner is a plus
- Advanced education is a plus.