We have an exciting opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer / Electronics professional to join a global Tier 1 manufacturer of automotive lighting products. This fast-growing company has manufactured and designed innovative lighting products for most of the OEMs including BMW, FORD, Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, Chrysler, Mazda, and GM.
We are looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer with a focus on electronics such as LEDs, printed circuit boards, lighting, electronic components to develop assigned suppliers in the areas of Quality, Delivery, Service, and Total Cost. You will work with minimal supervision performing tasks that are varied and somewhat complex in nature. You will plan and accomplish goals that require a considerable degree of evaluation, originality, latitude, and independent judgment.
This position is located close to Terre Haute IN, in an area that is family-friendly, has a diverse economic base, and is a short drive from Indianapolis. It has a cost of living that is 20% below the US average with extremely affordable housing. Relocation is provided along with health, life & disability insurance; educational assistance; paid vacation; flexible spending accounts, and retirement!
This position is a high priority so don't delay if you are interested. I look forward to talking with you!
Please forward resumes to email@example.com
- Coordinates resolution of supplier-related quality issues and implementation of countermeasures with other departments and suppliers.
- Performs Supplier Quality Systems Surveys and supplier process reviews.
- Leads component part design review meetings.
- Performs technical and statistical investigations and analysis on supplier-related quality issues using standard problem solving method.
- Prepares and audits procedures and records for inspection and testing of purchased products.
- Works with the COMPANY Buyer to gather information and make decisions relevant to product sourcing.
- Reviews and approves ISIR submissions.
- Assists Purchasing in coordinating all Localization activities.
- Supports Design with VA/VE ideas for purchased components & materials.
- Works with manufacturing engineers on labor saving methods for increased automation.
- Provides technical support for purchasing and production personnel.
- Contacts suppliers and provides feedback on quality issues.
- Makes recommendations to design department regarding possible improvements to component parts that would reduce total cost, increase productivity, and improve process capability.
- Develops fail-safes and improvements to manufacturing conditions, processes, equipment, jigs, and production line flow.
- Analyzes processes to reduce defects (process review).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related discipline
- 4 + years of related manufacturing experience
- 7+ years in Supplier Quality Engineering (SQE) or Customer Relations within automotive supplier manufacturing
- MUST HAVE ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING BACKGROUND with emphasis on PCBs (Printed Circuit Board) Technology.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control techniques
- Possess Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills
- Skilled in Organizational, planning, multi-tasking, and follow-up
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Computer skills — experience and proficiency using standard business software, including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access
- Experience in a JIT manufacturing environment is a plus
- Advanced education is a plus
- Professional training / certifications are a plus