We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join a global Tier 1 manufacturer of automotive lighting products that is celebrating 80 years of innovation! This fast paced growth company manufactures and designs state of the art lighting products for Automotive OEMs. They continue to grow and these are new additions to the Corporate Quality Team! This is a company where there is always room to move up the ladder and employees in very large plants comment that management knows them by their name. You will develop and implement quality systems for controlling incoming material, in-process parts, and finished products.
This position is located close to Terre Haute IN, in an area that is family friendly and has a diverse economic base and just a short drive from Indianapolis. It has a cost of living that is 20% below the US average with extremely affordable housing. Relocation is provided along with health, life & disability insurance; educational assistance; paid vacation; flexible spending accounts, and retirement!
- Coordinates resolution of supplier-related quality issues and implementation of countermeasures with other departments and suppliers.
- Performs Supplier Quality Systems Surveys and supplier process reviews.
- Leads component part design review meetings.
- Performs technical and statistical investigations and analysis on supplier-related quality issues using standard problem solving method.
- Prepares and audits procedures and records for inspection and testing of purchased products.
- Works with the COMPANY Buyer to gather information and make decisions relevant to product sourcing.
- Reviews and approves ISIR submissions.
- Assists Purchasing in coordinating all Localization activities.
- Supports Design with VA/VE ideas for purchased components & materials.
- Works with manufacturing engineers on labor saving methods for increased automation.
- Provides technical support for purchasing and production personnel.
- Contacts suppliers and provides feedback on quality issues.
- Makes recommendations to design department regarding possible improvements to component parts that would reduce total cost, increase productivity, and improve process capability.
- Develops fail-safes and improvements to manufacturing conditions, processes, equipment, jigs, and production line flow.
- Analyzes processes to reduce defects (process review).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related discipline
- 4 + years of related manufacturing experience
- 7+ years in Supplier Quality Engineering (SQE) or Customer Relations within automotive supplier manufacturing
- MUST HAVE ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING BACKGROUND with emphasis on PCBs (Printed Circuit Board) Technology.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control techniques
- Possess Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills
- Skilled in Organizational, planning, multi-tasking, and follow-up
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Computer skills — experience and proficiency using standard business software, including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access
- Experience in a JIT manufacturing environment is a plus
- Advanced education is a plus
- Professional training / certifications are a plus