This is an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Buyer to join a global chemical company This key role is responsible for the acquisition and timely delivery of all high value equipment. You will develop contracts for high value construction, contract service and contract labor expenditures. You will collaborate with a range of personnel during project definition, to ensure that adequate time is available for sending out well-developed RFQs or RFPs.
Responsible for ad hoc supplier onboarding by executing NDAs, LOIs, MWAs, LTAs and other documents necessary for long-term relationships. This individual is responsible for inventory management and periodic buying of items in one or more commodities purchased in support of company operations.
But there is more…….Look at all the pluses to this exciting role, including:
- Joining an International Leader with 14,000 employees worldwide
- An extensive corporate relocation program provided.
- Assuming a leadership role with an experienced team of professionals.
- Career growth in a stable environment
- Great affordability with lower than average housing cost and higher than average appreciation with Cost of Living below US average
- Strong career stability / growth and development opportunity
- Great location for outdoors activities. You have great weather, you have mountains, desert, biking, hiking, snowboarding / skiing, boating, desert motorsports and golfing!
- This key role has a strong compensation and benefits program that include medical/ dental insurance, FSA account, 401k match, Life / ADD insurance, disability, paid vacation, disability and education reimbursement.
Forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure that adequate specifications are developed to obtain multiple quotes.
- Ensure that capital equipment purchases are issued, while considering performance deliverables, timely delivery and safe arrival.
- Aid functional areas on creating clear, unambiguous RFQs and RFPs.
- Manage the entire RFQ process.
- Analyze supplier quotations for assigned commodities or projects, and review results
- Place orders and monitor progress of those orders and provide status updates upon request;
- Bring orders to Receiving and ensure timely payment has been made.
- Identify and respond to issues and problems on assigned purchase orders and subcontracts; make
- recommendations for resolution to management and execute approved solutions.
- Negotiate with suppliers on a regular basis.
- Act as the primary point of contact for both internal customers and external suppliers on all commercial matters
- from the proposal phase to delivery and close out.
- Lead projects to achieve successful cross-functional results.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7 years of experience in procurement, strategic sourcing, commodity management, supplier relationship management, logistics, supply chain or management consulting.
- Demonstrated skills in planning and leading negotiations.
- Skilled at writing detailed, complete, error-free RFQ, RFP and contract documents.
- Background in enterprise level purchasing, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experienced with current procurement methods and strategic sourcing supply chain practices.
- Working knowledge of legal aspects, UCC coverage and Incoterms usage for the purchase of goods and services.
- Extensive experience creating spreadsheets for data analysis.
- Can interpret complex data, and solve complicated problems.
- Skilled at structuring, writing and managing supplier contracts.
- Can work independently, establish priorities and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Organized with a structured approach to complex work projects.
- Preferred: CPM - Certified Purchasing Manager or CPSM - Certified Professional in Supply Management.
- Advanced education is a plus.