We have an immediate need for a Sales Manager / Business Development to join our client who manufactures Specialty Fittings, Piping Systems and Valves used in nuclear applications for Naval SSNs, CVNs and USN shipbuilding and maintenance. They have state of the art facilities. They are a leader in cold forming metal products to MIL-SPEC standards for the DOD and USN / NAVSEA. primary defense contractors used in submarines and aircraft carriers. The client has been in business for 50+ years! They have the strongest quality rating given to a supplier and have kept a substantial backlog of business. It is a very stable company that has not suffered layoffs in 30+ years! They currently have a multi-year backlog for their products.
This is a great opportunity for a Sales Leader / Engineer with technical experience supporting clients like Newport News Shipbuilding, Huntington Ingalls, General Dynamics, or Northrop Grumman. This is a key position that leads the sales efforts while interacting with the client’s engineering and manufacturing to service Prime Defense customers and US Naval Clients.
- Will require the ability to technically support key customers in the targeted Defense markets.
- Works with closely operations on manufacturing methods and schedules
- Work with vendors and suppliers to coordinate production and save cost
- Interface with customers (government, OEM's, subcontractors) to contract and manufacture products meeting submarine and aircraft carrier construction schedules
- Evaluate vendor quotations and analyzes bid data.
- That you are experienced in Federal Acquisition Regulations and DoD Acquisition Policy including ITAR and BACM.
- How you are financially astute regarding revenue, costs, profit, margin, overhead, percentages, and P&L management.
- Position the company into preferred status in market and customer activity, through client communications.
- Providing technical knowledge regarding products/services and negotiating & pricing projects.
- Ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction
- Ability to communicate in an appropriate manner with contacts at all levels of individuals within the company and to their clients.
- Respond to RFQs and prepare quotes and project bid specifications
- Liaisons with customers, sales, and engineering.
- Reviews technical aspects of customer inquiries
- Generate estimates and bids utilizing specialized software
- Must have a bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited University
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a security clearance.
- Must have previous experience seeking business opportunities with the Military / US Navy and Prime Defense Contractors, i.e. Newport News Shipbuilding, Huntington Ingalls, General Dynamics Electric Boat, Northrop Grumman.
- Strong organizational and computer skills are also required.
- Previous experience with nuclear submarine or nuclear aircraft carrier fittings, valves, piping systems and their engineering is highly valued.
- Skilled with managing client projects and sales pipeline.
- Good organizational, time management and attention to detail skills.
- Possess strong ability to multi-task, prioritize duties and organize to achieve maximum efficiency
- Highly motivated, self-starter who works well with minimal supervision
- Professional certifications / training is a plus.
- Advanced education is a plus.