We have an awesome opportunity for a Safety Officer for a large multiple chemical plant complex. Our client is a global company that provides customers worldwide with chemical and minerals to major manufacturers in 52 countries!
The Safety officer will assure proactive compliance with federal, state and local environmental and occupational safety regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for the creation, implementation and auditing for compliance-related Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). This great roles is located in a southwest location which has a lot to offer including:
- Great affordability with lower than average housing cost and higher than average appreciation.
- Cost of Living below US National Average
- Career growth in a stable global company
- Joining an International Leader / Provider of minerals / chemicals with 14,000 employees worldwide.
- This key role has compensation and benefits program that includes medical/ dental insurance, FSA account, 401k match, Life / ADD insurance, disability, paid vacation, education reimbursement
- Extensive corporate relocation program provided.
Please forward resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensures compliance with statutory requirements, company policies and practices with regards to safety standards.
- Implements solutions to improve safety standards across the workforce.
- Participates in incident investigations to determine root cause.
- Identifies and resolves occupational hazards to minimize incidents.
- Trains area personnel (including contractors) and line management on all safety related matters.
- Conducts safety related training and ensures training is current and meets regulatory requirements.
- Audits Health and Safety programs for assigned facilities ensuring compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Checks safety performance within region of accountability.
- Provides technical assistance during normal operations and maintenance shut-down activities.
- Counsels the line management of critical issues and recommends actions that will alleviate safety risks.
- Works with the other site safety advisors to support companywide safety improvement efforts.
- Completes internal or external EHS compliance/conformance reports and associated data analysis.
- Tracks and improves on key process metrics.
- Conducts safety audits on a regular basis and addresses all hazards appropriately.
- Reviews and maintains safety procedures and policies.
- Serves on safety committees to assure consistent and effective safety communication.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Occupational Safety, Environmental Sciences or Engineering major required; or a combination of education and related work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years Facilities Safety or EHS experience is required.
- EHS experience in chemical manufacturing, refinery, pulp/paper, manufacturing environment is a strong plus
- Knowledge and understanding of OSHA, US EPA regulations required.
- Experience in Casual Analysis
- Be a self-starter, showing good decision making and judgment skills, be customer-oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff and work well independently or on a team.
- Requires up to 50% of work in physical plant areas with exposure to outdoor weather and loud noise
- .Requires work in chemical manufacturing environment.
- Competent in use of office software such as Word and Excel.
- CSP or other professional certifications are a plus.
- CAL OSHA Experience preferred
- Advanced education is a plus!