We have an immediate opportunity for a Maintenance and Reliability Engineer to join a global chemical manufacturer. You will provide mechanical engineering expertise in direct support of maintenance and operations in ways that ensure optimal equipment availability.
Forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assuming a leadership role with an experienced team of professionals.
- Develop, execute and manage maintenance and improvement activities aimed at maintaining/improving asset reliability.
- Restore equipment to base conditions – inherent levels of reliability and safety – when deterioration occurs.
- Develop detailed project specifications, including drawings, data sheets, etc. in full compliance with recognized industry standards, safety standards and various client specifications.
- Direct and coordinate maintenance activities to restore equipment on schedule and within budget.
- Provide accurate and timely activity reporting to internal and external customers.
- Develop standardized documentation, including SOPs, training and validation of equipment repairs.
- Manage relationships with OEM and preferred equipment manufacturers, specialists and technical support consultants.
- Conduct post-audits to measure the effectiveness of significant maintenance related projects and activities.
- Continuously improve the maintenance operating system (MOS)
- Identify the most cost-effective and applicable maintenance techniques to minimize the risk and impact of failure in facility equipment and systems.
- Identify and correct chronic, repetitive and costly equipment problems.
- Provide recommendations on equipment purchase for operability, maintainability and reliability.
- Support turnarounds, planned and unplanned outages, major mechanical equipment overhauls, and routine and on-routine repairs.
- Interact with CMMS system to create and track purchase requisitions, asset history, etc..
- Obtain the information necessary for design improvement for equipment and systems where inherent reliability is inadequate.
- Provide engineering support as needed and be on-call for critical plant/asset failures.
- Work to resolve technical issues, applying engineering and technical skills to design, optimize and troubleshoot equipment.
- Lead Management of Change (MOC) process for maintenance-driven changes and perform the technical review.
- Support the Central Engineering group in reviewing equipment specifications and equipment selection; monitor installation and successful start-up of mechanical equipment in specific facilities.
- Support Maintenance Techs who have area responsibility to improve the maintenance strategies for their areas by training, coaching and assessing the maintenance improvement tools.
- Improve equipment and system reliability, safety and sustainability at minimum total cost.
- Perform technical analysis, testing, calculations and evaluation of results to solve complex engineering and reliability problems.
- Lead failure analysis (FMEA, RCA and RCCA) and educate both maintenance and production technicians after failure analysis.
- Develop and maintain reliability metrics, scorecards and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for purposes of measuring and identifying the highest value reliability and cost improvement opportunities.
- Provide coordination, support and direct interaction for preventive maintenance (PM), predictive maintenance (PdM) and other reliability and mechanical integrity elements.
- Provide interpretation of various PdM analysis results to generate priorities and action lists for improving reliability of assets.
- Develop and implement check lists and work procedures for maintenance technicians and operations to ensure reliable repair and operation of equipment.
- Possess detailed knowledge of the Production Processes in area of responsibility to include function, technical specifications, materials, reactions, stability, and compatibility.