Experience: Standard Management (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Category: Manufacturing / Production
Industry: Manufacturing & Dist / Chemical
Reference ID: 1935
Date Posted: 05/30/2023
Does your current manufacturing role leave you wanting more?
Ever wish you were in a close-knit team-oriented environment within a growth industry?
Well, this is your lucky day! We have an immediate opening for a Process Manager to join a $4.5B manufacturing company with 18,000 employee-owners in a 120+-year-old business unit. This plant supplies in-demand products for multiple industries.
In this Dream Job, you will lead a team of hourly operations employees by driving KPIs to obtain results in safety, quality, cost, delivery, absenteeism, training, compliance, on-time delivery, and communication. You will be interacting with the plant leadership to refine and optimize production processes. This is a key position with growth opportunities in this global manufacturing company located in the beautiful, family-friendly Morgantown/Clarksburg, WV area.
We want a leader who:
- Is self-motivated/self-directed
- Has the ability to lead a union production workforce
- Is experienced in a fast-paced environment achieving production goals.
You will get:
- A cost of living is 21% below the US average
- A great family environment in an absolutely beautiful area
- Very affordable housing
- Great schools that have a very low student/ teacher ratio
- Close proximity to a wide range of outdoor activities that include hiking, camping, great skiing, and rafting
- Close to nationally known universities
But wait! There is more!!! This is a well-run company that is an employee-owned ESOP that gives employees a share of the company, individual employees will directly benefit from the success of the company!
- There is a strong salary/with a 15% bonus compensation package
- ESOP program provides 10% of your salary in stock every year
- The company puts 1% of your salary into your 401k whether you contribute or not
- The company also matches 100% of your contributions into your 401k
- There is an extensive corporate relocation program for this role
- Very generous benefits are offered for this key role that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, EAP, Educational Reimbursement, Employer Retirement Account, Travel Accident Insurance Prescription / Drug, great 401K Match, Vacation, and a Flexible Spending Account, Accident Insurance Prescription / Drug, great 401K Match, Vacation, and a Flexible Spending Account
- Sets up and approves production schedules in plants to ensure that production goals are met and finished product inventories and shipments are maintained at the proper level.
- Responsible for production process and workflows.
- Recommends and/or makes improvements in process, machinery, equipment, and in manufacturing methods.
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives.
- Controls flow of materials and utilization of labor to ensure adequate production of quality products to fulfill production requirements
- Reviews and approves plans for the control of production, budget spending, labor efficiency, material efficiency, and engineering/maintenance effectiveness.
- Controls allocation and use of employees to ensure fulfillment of production schedules in all departments at the lowest possible cost.
- Ensures employees are trained, coached, and qualified for their current role
- Provides the team direction (with respect to production volume, cost, quality, and meeting production schedules and delivery dates.)
- Complies with company policies, and local, state, federal regulations in safety, hygiene, environmental and human resources.
- Maintains good team morale, follows, and drives core values, takes disciplinary measures when required
- BS degree or equivalent professional qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a managerial role required
- Can articulate strong experience in implementing Lean, Six Sigma, 5S
- Prior responsibilities include assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Prior experience which demonstrates a progressive increase in operational responsibility
- Can articulate examples of the process, product, cost out improvements
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage all available resources to achieve planned results
- Organize and direct the functions under his/her control to guide and implement strategic plans
- Ability to lead, mentor, direct and develop personnel under his/her supervision
- Communicate effectively with and persuade employees at all levels in the organization
- ERP and union plant experience is a plus
- Advanced education is a plus
- Professional Training/Certifications are a plus.
Process EngineerWest Virginia, United States
Exceptional Opportunity for a Process Engineer to join a $4B diversified global manufacturing company with 18,000 employees producing materials for a variety of industries. This is an employee-owned ESOP company that supplies multiple industries. This ...Date Posted: 05/30/2023 Recommended
Plant Electrical EngineerWest Virginia, United States
Exceptional Opportunity for a Plant Electrical Engineer to join a $4B diversified global manufacturing company with 18,000 employees producing materials for a variety of industries. This is an employee-owned ESOP company that supplies multiple industri...Date Posted: 05/30/2023 Recommended
MetallurgistLouisiana, United States
Exceptional opportunity for a Metallurgist to join a global client with 23k employees across 16 countries. This $10B company is an industry leader and uses cutting-edge technologies to outpace the competition! This division develops and produces custom...Date Posted: 05/30/2023 Recommended
Machining Maintenance ManagerPennsylvania, United States
Fantastic Career Opportunity for a Machining Maintenance Manager to join an industry leader of grey, ductile, and alloyed iron castings for multiple industries! This 100-year-old company supplies and machines components /parts for industries that inclu...Date Posted: 05/30/2023 Recommended
Foundry Maintenance ManagerPennsylvania, United States
Fantastic Career Opportunity for a Maintenance Manager to join an industry leader of grey, ductile, and alloyed iron castings for multiple industries! This 100-year-old company supplies components /parts to industries that include automotive, heavy tru...Date Posted: 05/30/2023 Recommended
Quality Group LeaderIllinois, United States
We have an awesome opportunity for a Quality Group Leader to join a growing 60-year-old Tier 1 company manufacturing highly engineered magnesium and aluminum parts for OEM electric and fuel-powered vehicles. This is your chance to become part of a team...Date Posted: 05/30/2023 Recommended