We have a great career role for a Process Engineer with Global Chemical Client. Picture yourself providing engineering and technical knowledge to improve process efficiency and productivity, and product quality. Your primary focus will be on continuous improvement and optimization of processes. Ensure compliance with applicable State and Federal Regulations related to safety and the environment is an important part of this position.
Lots of pluses to this great role, including:
- Great location for outdoors activities with great weather and lots of sunshine!
- Access to mountains, desert, biking, hiking, snowboarding / skiing, boating, desert motorsports and golfing!
- Lots of opportunity for advancement in a very stable manufacturing environment
- Lower than average housing cost and higher than average appreciation
- Joining an Global Leader with 14,000 employees worldwide
- Cost of Living below US average.
- An encompassing relocation program is provided.
This key role has a strong compensation and benefits program that include medical/ dental insurance, FSA account, 401k match, Life / ADD insurance, disability, paid vacation, disability and education reimbursement.
Apply now by sending resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide research and development for innovations in manufacturing processes for existing and new products including equipment and process testing, preliminary process design, engineered equipment calculations, life cycle cost, usability and product salability project risk analysis.
- Develop project specifications including drawings, data sheets, etc. in full compliance with recognized industry standards
- Direct and coordinate project activities to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Provide accurate and timely project reporting to internal / external customers
- Create documentation including SOP’s, training, validation of equipment performance, and technical and project reports.
- Provide engineering support to increase capacity, reduce cycle times, improve yields, and reduce costs.
- Implement strategic projects to improve unit performance
- Resolve technical issues, applying engineering and technical skills to design, optimize and troubleshoot equipment.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize operating units to drive improvements.
- Increase production or improve efficiency by plant reconfiguration or expansion by developing and testing engineering tools, including process simulation models.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment in assigned areas.
- Confer with operations and engineering personnel to provide to resolve problems.
- Responsible for block flow diagrams, development of process flow diagrams with heat and material balance, development and use of process simulation, system design parameters, and design or rating of equipment and apparatus such as heat exchangers, vessels, reactors, etc.
- Develop expertise on current and emerging technologies.
- Use tools to deliver results including potential problem and decision analyses, risk assessments, DMAIC, LEAN methodologies.
- Implement corrective actions to solve problems based on root cause analysis
- Design, install, and evaluate sampling and measurement procedures.
- Lead problem solving teams using lean process tools.
BS in chemical engineering
6+ years related experience in mining, manufacturing and/or chemical process industry
Must possess manufacturing equipment knowledge including reactors, heat exchangers, piping, and pumps and pumping systems, boilers, filters, cooling systems and technical drawing interpretations.
Must be familiar with process equipment operation and troubleshooting.
Skilled with MOC and PHA processes, PFD’s, P&ID’s, developing process schematics.
Must have a strong aptitude in process, mechanical and electrical engineering practices and processes, including mass and energy transfer and fluid flow.
Knowledge of inorganic chemistry preferred.
Lean Methodologies and/or Six Sigma experience preferred
Capable of applying engineering and technical problem-solving skills to analyze complex challenges in ways that deliver measurable and sustainable improvements in operational performance.
Willing to “roll up sleeves” and work at all levels of organization
Can think “outside the box” to solve problems.
Advanced education is a plus
Professional Certifications are a plus.