We have an immediate opportunity for a Plant Production Manager for a leading manufacturer of carbon products used in diverse industrial areas. The company is a multinational with plants located across the US, Asia and Europe and sell to clients across the globe. They serve a diverse array of industries including metal production, electronics, chemicals, aerospace and transportation. They are growing and looking to raise the bar and bring exceptional leadership experience to the team. This is a great chance to join a multinational industry leader who has been in business for over 120 years!
A key member of the site leadership team, this important role has a strong career path to the Site Manager position. You will develop the Process Managers in their product area to enable the efficient processing of product, within Quality and HS&E standards and the timely delivery of product to customers. This position serves as the leader for the Site Production Team. This is a great role that has relocation provided to an area that has:
- Cost of living that is 21% below the US average
- Absolutely beautiful area
- Extremely affordable housing
- Schools have a very low student/ teacher ratio
- You are close to great skiing, white water rafting and lots of outdoor activities.
- Close to the state university
A strong compensation package and generous benefits are offered for this key role that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, EAP, Educational Reimbursement, Employer Retirement Account, Travel Accident Insurance Prescription / Drug, 401K Match, Vacation, and a Flexible Spending Account.
Description of Job Duties
- Pushes production schedule adherence at the lowest sustainable cost level possible, never jeopardizing quality or safety.
- Acts as the Lead Change Agent in the plant.
- Motivates all production team members understand and focus on the plant targets.
- Leads team of 3 Process Managers within his/her areas of responsibility.
- Ensures Training and development of Site Production teams.
- Drives empowerment and accountability at all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for all production planning, resource allocation,
- Coordinates production and maintenance activities.
- Eliminates waste.
- Insures that proper training and communication is provided for all personnel in production and maintenance areas
- Comprehends the process risks and implements plans and controls to ensure safe operation of the plant and equipment.
- Motivates the team toward continuous improvement of product quality.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience:
- Bachelor Degree required in an engineering discipline
- Extensive production / process knowledge in a chemical plant environment
- Highly skilled in Statistical Process Control (process stability, capability and improvement; control charts; documentation)
- Understands product pipeline concepts / methodology
- Possess strong working knowledge of Quality and HS&E standards
- Extensive experience and a proven track record in chemical operations management
- Must be experienced in managing managers.
- Extensive knowledge of cost management system
- Able to facilitate group decision making
- Extensive knowledge and a proven track record in continuous improvement / lean manufacturing
- Able to deliver change in an organization.
- Strong communication and people skills
- Extensive coaching/counseling skills
- Experienced with Performance Planning and Review process
- High level working knowledge of purchasing, human resources and inventory systems
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Advanced degree is a plus
- Professional certifications are a plus