We have an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager For A Global Chemical Manufacturer. The broad responsibilities of this position include planning, leading, organizing and controlling the operational processes and production workflow. You will manage day-to-day operations in order to meet performance, production and cost targets. This key position is an important development assignment for those aspiring to positions of increasing responsibility within the company, including Plant Manager.
This is a key role with advancement and growth opportunity! Position offers this and much more, including:
Joining an International Leader with 14,000 employees worldwide
An extensive corporate relocation program provided.
Assuming a leadership role with an experienced team of professionals.
Career growth in a stable work environment in the SouthWest
Great affordability with lower than average housing
Forward resume to: email@example.comDuties:
- Lead a team of 3-5 supervisors and 30-50 reporting employees.
- Responsible for plant production, quality and cost objectives for facilities that are in continuous operation (24/7).
- Effectively balance big picture concerns with day-to-day activities.
- Troubleshoot operating issues and formulate effective corrective and preventative operating solutions.
- Develop corrective action plans to deliver improved plant performance and efficiencies, as needed.
- Design and implement continuous improvement projects that increase throughput and reliability.Implement productivity improvement projectsCreate plans for efficient machine, workforce and material utilization.
- Ensure that all plant assets are properly managed, safeguarded and secure.
- Work closely with managers in other areas to optimize total company production.
- Implement best practices and the most effective technologies in all areas of operations.
- Execute improvements in operations to reduce cost, improve HSE performance and improve productivity.
- Ensuring appropriate shift coverage and effective integration of O&M activities.
- Develop a workforce that is multi-skilled and flexible enough to meet production and productivity objectives.
- Foster cross-functional development of plant personnel.
- Identify / develop talent in the organization for career progression, succession planning, and knowledge transfer.
- Determine development and training needs with future growth and vision.
- Conduct performance reviews and establish training objectives for personnel.
- Ensure compliance with and improvement of all work methods and processes (CBA, SOP).
- Assist with O&M budgeting.
- Manage operations to be consistent with all regulations, policies and procedures to achieve production and operation goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with relevant operations experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a chemical manufacturing environment, with a strong focus on plant operations.
- Must have previous direct (hands-on) manufacturing/production experience in a supervisory role.
- Must possess understanding of process equipment operation and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with introductory chemistry and chemical processes.
- Must possess a sound understanding of Process Safety management regulations and procedures.
- Strong analytical, verbal, writing and presentation skills are required.
- Must be skilled in data analysis and statistical methods.
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to create and implement innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Budgeting experience preferred.
- Able to “roll up sleeves” and work at all levels of organization as circumstances require.
- Professional training / certifications are a plus.
- Advanced education is a plus.