Louisiana, United States
Experience: Experienced Professional (Non-Manager)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Category: Manufacturing / Production
Industry: Manufacturing & Dist / Other
Reference ID: 1957
Date Posted: 05/30/2023
Exceptional opportunity for a Metallurgist to join a global client with 23k employees across 16 countries. This $10B company is an industry leader and uses cutting-edge technologies to outpace the competition! This division develops and produces custom, precision steel pipe products in a new state-of-the-art facility. You will provide metallurgical guidance to internal departments.
This great role offers:
- This impressive technical role comes with aggressive compensation
- You will work in one of North America's most modern and efficient hot rolling mills
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, HSA and more
- 401k 100% match up to 6%!!!
- Substantial relocation support is also provided to Shreveport, LA which has been rated in the top 25 cities for recent grads not to mention
- A great low cost of living and low taxes!
- Nationally ranked secondary schools in the area
- Forbes rates it in their 10 best-sized cities for jobs.
- Did I mention the great food in Louisiana?! More than 50 events/festivals a year to try it all out!
- Also, lots of live entertainment, and casinos and don't forget, Louisiana is called the sportsman's paradise for a reason!
- Review of customer technical and quality specifications and creating manufacturing procedures.
- Failure investigations and other technical activities undertaken by product metallurgy department.
- Statistical analysis of process and operator feedback
- Evaluate new process technologies
- Provide continuous product and process improvement support
- Develop corrective and preventative actions
- Development of standards, technical instructions and procedures in order to ensure that all metallurgical activities are in alignment with customer requirements.
- Keep plant current with required lab submissions for various audits and monthly reporting.
- Provide manufacturing support via the analysis of metallurgical quality issues for steel and establish appropriate resolution for optimizing plant processes
- Troubleshooting metallurgical processes.
- Analyze process audit and customer feedback results and proactively establish preventative and/or corrective actions.
- Interprets data and makes recommendations to Operations management.
- Investigates quality-related production problems and collaborates to find cost-effective solutions.
- Carry out project ideas for the overall improvement of quality, performance, and/or cost structure.
- Provide technical knowledge of product to designer for existing, new and prototype products.
- Analyzing microstructures and defects of pipe
- Using problem solving and statistical techniques to conduct root cause analysis.
- BS in Metallurgy or Material Science or equivalent
- Must have prior metallurgy experience in steel products.
- Previous experience in pipe manufacturing is highly valued.
- Experience in relevant production and steelmaking processes.
- Knowledge of manufacturing materials, processes, and specifications
- Knowledge of metals and various heat treatment processes
- Possess strong leadership skills and the ability to influence decision making and successfully drive change initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to execute/deliver results and drive strategy/planning
- Excellent communication and PC skills
- Advanced education is a plus
- Professional certifications/trainings are a plus
Machining Maintenance ManagerPennsylvania, United States
Fantastic Career Opportunity for a Machining Maintenance Manager to join an industry leader of grey, ductile, and alloyed iron castings for multiple industries! This 100-year-old company supplies and machines components /parts for industries that inclu...Date Posted: 05/30/2023 Recommended
Process EngineerWest Virginia, United States
Exceptional Opportunity for a Process Engineer to join a $4B diversified global manufacturing company with 18,000 employees producing materials for a variety of industries. This is an employee-owned ESOP company that supplies multiple industries. This ...Date Posted: 05/30/2023 Recommended
Foundry Maintenance ManagerPennsylvania, United States
Fantastic Career Opportunity for a Maintenance Manager to join an industry leader of grey, ductile, and alloyed iron castings for multiple industries! This 100-year-old company supplies components /parts to industries that include automotive, heavy tru...Date Posted: 05/30/2023 Recommended
Quality Group LeaderIllinois, United States
We have an awesome opportunity for a Quality Group Leader to join a growing 60-year-old Tier 1 company manufacturing highly engineered magnesium and aluminum parts for OEM electric and fuel-powered vehicles. This is your chance to become part of a team...Date Posted: 05/30/2023 Recommended
Process ManagerLouisiana, United States
Does your current manufacturing role leave you wanting more? Ever wish you were in a close-knit team-oriented environment within a growth industry? Well, this is your lucky day! We have an immediate opening for a Process Manager to join a $4.5B manufac...Date Posted: 05/30/2023 Recommended
Plant Electrical EngineerWest Virginia, United States
Exceptional Opportunity for a Plant Electrical Engineer to join a $4B diversified global manufacturing company with 18,000 employees producing materials for a variety of industries. This is an employee-owned ESOP company that supplies multiple industri...Date Posted: 05/30/2023 Recommended