We have an awesome opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Integrity Engineer join a global chemical / materials manufacturing company at their refinery operation. Think sunshine, white sandy beaches, low cost of living and great saltwater fishing, as the position is located on the beautiful gulf coast in TX!
We are looking for a talented Engineer to support the maintenance and operations teams in the execution and implementation of MI program implementation tasks. You will interface with refinery Operations, Maintenance, Engineering and 3rd party engineering and inspection firms. We want to take advantage of your mechanical knowledge, good communication skills, with predictive and preventive maintenance experience to support equipment repairs and develop PSM Mechanical Integrity policies and procedures. Utilize your knowledge and skills with processing equipment design and inspection for the development of projects and cost estimates for improvements and expansions of facilities.
This excellent position offers a competitive compensation plan and complete benefits package including, medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, a defined contribution plan, a 401(k) plan with company matching. Relocation support is provided to the Texas Gulf Coast.
- Provide engineering support on PSM Mechanical Integrity (MI) requirements (e.g., inspections and repairs to pressure vessels and piping) for various processing units, often at multiple/concurrent time frames;
- Prepare Mechanical Integrity inspection bid and bid tabulation documents;
- Actively develop new Mechanical Integrity procedures and support and assure compliance to all Company policies and procedures
- Use probability and statistic tools for risk and process hazard assessments.
- Comply with standards and specifications defining requirements for design, construction, inspection, testing, decommissioning, and integrating new components with aging infrastructure.
- Analyze and interpret reliability data and provide recommendations on how the data can be used to measure and improve performance and reliability.
- Understand the value of reliability and how to build a business case
- Establish testing, inspection, and maintenance priorities and recommend frequency in which these procedures should be performed.
- Develop strategies for planning, inspecting, and maintaining the reliability of assets throughout the equipment’s lifecycle.
- Measure and report key performance indicators
- Create inspection scope packages.
- Work with operations, engineering, contract and safety personnel on all aspects of equipment integrity including determination of asset criticality, RBI analysis, mapping of corrosion circuits and CML, etc
- Evaluate equipment problems and conduct root cause failure analysis investigations on failed equipment, develop action plans to eliminate repeat failures, and implement corrective actions, as necessary
- Assisting in the development of unit Turnaround scope.
- Work with operations to identify key areas for reliability improvements and develop action plans to drive higher asset availability
- Providing proposals for inspection and fixed equipment related expense and capital budgets.
- Load mechanical integrity related asset information and inspection data in the database
- Optimize preventative maintenance tasks and activities, identify gaps and develop corrective actions plans