We have an exceptional opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join a global client at their newest state of the art steel pipe mill. They have thousands of employees across 38 countries. They are an industry leader and use cutting edge technologies! You will become a key part of our World Class Maintenance Organization and manage setting up down days, outages, and special projects.
This impressive role comes with great compensation and comprehensive benefits package. They also have a 401k 100% match up to 6%!!! Substantial relocation support is also provided to Shreveport, LA that has been rated in the top 25 cities for recent grads not to mention a great low cost of living with nationally ranked secondary schools in the area and low taxes! Forbes rates it in their 10 best-sized cities for jobs. Did I mention the great food in Louisiana?! More than 50 events/festivals a year to try it all out! Also lots of live entertainment, casinos and don't forget, Louisiana is called the sportsman's paradise for a reason!
- Assist in the development and implementation of work procedures, PM's and LOTO;
- Participate in plant 5S and Lean manufacturing programs as well as any and all continuous improvement activities
- Conduct "Root Cause Analysis" meetings to determine and rectify problematic issues in the process;
- Assist and manage setting up down days, outages, and special projects;
- Monitor all related cost associated with the Mechanical Maintenance Team;
- Overseeing furnace combustion processes
- Coordinate effective repairs and maintenance on Finishing Mill equipment utilizing SAP
- Assist in the development of the Preventative Maintenance program
- Perform work through hands-on assistance to all maintenance staff as required;
- Assist in programs and procedures to ensure compliance with all safety regulations.
- Must be a BSME with 5+ years experience
- Must be able to manage all aspects of the mechanical department and work closely with TL Mechanical and Planners;
- Strong preference for any background in combustion furnace processes
- Previous experience working with the SAP Maintenance module is highly valued
- Purchase orders
- Inventory control and scheduling
- Reporting and communicating down day
- Outage and breakdown activities
- CMMS / Preventative Maintenance
- CAD, SAP, Excel, and Project software experience
- Previous project experience both large and small, in design and engineering improvements
- Planning, and organizational skills with the ability to organize and explain complex data in a clear manner
- Can build relationships with supervisors, coworkers, and management
- Foundry, Steel Mill or Seamless Pipe Mill Experience a huge plus!
- Advanced Education, professional training/certifications are a plus