We have an exceptional role for a Manufacturing Process Engineer to join one of our largest clients in the automotive aftermarket. The company has been growing for 40 years and is very well known in the industry. They are a manufacturer and national distributor for drive train components. The Manufacturing Process Engineer will review current and future manufacturing methods and processes and make recommendations that provide improved product quality and productivity within a fast paced lean manufacturing environment. We are looking for a Lean Process Engineer who can help train in a plant that is running old equipment and using old methods to facilitate a cultural change. The Manufacturing Process Engineer needs to be hands on; likes training people on 5S and leads continuous Kaizen events as equipment and processes are upgraded.
This exciting manufacturing role has a competitive compensation package with generous benefits that includes medical, dental, life insurance, 401k, vacation and holiday time, disability insurance and education reimbursement. Corporate relocation is provided to Cookeville, a beautiful location with lakes, mountains and plenty of recreation in Tennessee with fantastic schools! Don't forget that there is no state income tax! It also has a cost of living that is 15% below the US average
Please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Process definition, improvement and documentation
- Prepare component drawings to support manufacturing
- Implement new product designs and work instructions
- Make changes and updates to bill of material as needed
- Support the implementation of engineering changes
- Develop new equipment, process and troubleshoot problem operations
- Support production in the development and implementation of prototype components
- Analyze proposed product specifications to determine feasibility of proposals
- Update and maintain product documentation
- Work to reduce WIP inventory.
- Reducing Life Cycle Costs
- Confer with necessary personnel to clarify or resolve production issues
- Establish and document efficient methods and processes
- Develop and maintain error-proofing methodologies to improve quality
- initiate actions to prevent occurrences of non-conforming product or process
- BOM Configuration
- BS Degree in an Engineering discipline AND 5 years of relevant experience OR
- AS degree in an Engineering discipline and 8 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment providing direct manufacturing process support .
- Skilled in using risk and improvement tools such as, PFMEA’s, DFMEAS’s, 8D’s CAR’s, control plans or 5 whys.
- Must have experience with Lean Tools such as, Visual Systems, Process Mapping, Value Stream Mapping, Lean Material Handling, 5S, Waste Elimination, Kaizen, TPS or FPS
- Must skilled and be hands on with training 5S and leading continuous kaizen events to help with the cultural journey.
- Experienced with cleaning assembly, machining operations.
- Experienced working in a team environment.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people with a wide range of skills.
- Results-oriented and Self-starter.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced educations is a plus.
- Professional certifications, i.e. Green Belt, Black Belt and / training is a plus.
- Automotive parts manufacturing experience is a plus