We have a rare opportunity for a Machining Engineer to join a 100 year old division in a Global $22B Company that is still leading the way in their industry! This great role has great potential for career growth in this very large manufacturing plant! Their brand is very well recognized throughout the industry!
This lucky individual will design and implement machining and manufacturing methods. You will interact with teams through-out this large facility to understand customer requirements. This role has a solid comp and benefits package. This company cares for it's employees as it has a gymnasium on site as well as a company cafeteria! This position has it all!
- Global World Class Company and Industry Leader
- Career Growth!
- Great Area To Raise a Family!
- Onsite gymnasium / fitness center!
- Strong 401k program and benefits!
- Low cost of living that is 14% below the US average!
- Great schools and universities!
- Family friendly environment!
Forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Solves machining problems in production departments and ensures process documentations are updated.
- Tracks Productivity Improvements, Tooling Performance Improvements and Cost Reductions.
- Evaluates machining processes to assure the requirements of the Quality Plan are met.
- Implement Engineering Design Changes as related to the machining processes.
- Trains production operators in the new or revised machining process
- Develop CNC machining programs using CAD
- Designs machining fixture for current products and/or new product implementation.
- Designs new gages for checking parts
- Improves existing manufacturing methods through tooling trials and program changes.
- Consults with tooling vendors as required to optimize CNC program and tooling performance.
- Sets up Tooling Trial Tests for process improvement or cost reduction projects.
- Reviews part programs and CMM or gaging inspection process to assure consistency
- Applies statistical methods to determine manufacturing process capability as defined in the quality plan.
- Develops of operator work instructions and tooling data sheets for production employees.
- Create Routings, CNC Tooling Sheets, PPAP documentation and Quality plans for new component machining.
- B.S. in Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years related experience in a machining manufacturing environment in the US.
- Experience developing machining programs for a variety of machining centers including Mazaks, Mori Seiki, Swiss Machining and gantry systems
- Knowledgeable with CMM and gauging methods.
- Experienced designing fixtures for holding parts
- Skilled with CAD / CAM programs
- Strong knowledge of fixturing, tooling and gaging application.
- Skilled with machining methods and inspection methods.
- Skilled in problem solving and trouble shooting
- Can work in a cross-functional team environment
- Efficient project planning, documentation and execution skills
- Mazatrol, Fanuc, Siemens or G code programming / controls is a plus
- Swiss machining experience is a plus
- Professional certifications are a plus
- Advanced degrees are a plus.
- Robotics experience is a plus