We have an immediate opportunity for a Plant HR Generalist to join a client that is a world leader in carbon and graphite materials. Think sunshine, white sandy beaches, low cost of living and great saltwater fishing, as the position is located on the beautiful gulf coast in TX! Don't hesitate our you might lose out!
Our client manufactures a highly refined coke product that supplies the parent corporation with all their material for the metals industry worldwide. They sell everything that they make as more arc furnaces come online! The company refines oil using coking, drying and coke removal processes.
You will promote adherence with various policies, employment laws and ethical behaviors. This person will become a valued member of both the plant management and HR functional management teams. It will report directly to the plant manager. Our ideal candidate will have Plant HR generalist experience, with the ability to mentor, coach and drive change along with the local management team. In addition, they would have experience with recruitment, compensation & benefits administration, performance appraisal management, regulatory compliance, and positive employee relations.
To apply please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coordinates all recruitment, staffing, layoffs and call backs.
- Work closely with plant leadership to identify and track required staffing levels
- Administers wage and salary programs using corporate procedures and controls.
- Responds to employee complaints
- Oversees Workers Compensation investigations, information and programs.
- Responsible for communicating with staff and employees on employee orientation process, company benefit programs and all company communications including handbook and HR policies
- Administers Group Insurance, Pension Programs, FMLA, Service Awards, Short Term/Long Term disability, Life Insurance, 401K, sickness and accident insurance and other benefit programs.
- The ability to build partnerships, interact and communication at all levels within the company, as well as the ability to adjust to different situations is required.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including managing understaffed situations, conflict resolution, terminating employees and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Ensures all pre-employment requirements such as interviews, physical examinations (post offer), drug tests, background checks, and reference checks are completed in a timely manner.
- Aids in the development of safety policies and programs within corporate guidelines to assure a safe work environment
- Assists management with interpretation and application of legal requirements, polices and practices.
- Maintains accurate associate records.
- Suggests ways to realize the most effective and efficient utilization of plant labor / job combinations.
- Provides guidance regarding employee discipline to ensure fairness, consistency, and documentation.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field OR AS degree with 7 years of equivalent HR industrial plant experience
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements and safety efficiencies in manufacturing is required (OSHA, FLSA, ADA, Workers Comp, Unemployment, etc.).
- 3 to 5 years of HR Specialist / Generalist within industrial plant operations
- Experience in chemical, pipeline or refinery operations is highly valued
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to train / develop others.
- High degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Detailed oriented with a high degree of accuracy and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- This position regularly requires a high degree of mental effort due to considerable interruptions and/or frequent changes of activity or workloads during a typical working day.
- Strong communication skills is a must with the ability to leverage cross team collaboration in problem solving.
- Must be highly organized and be able to juggle multiple priorities / needs of a manufacturing operation.
- Skilled in MS Office and ADP software.
- Professional training / certifications are a plus. i.e. six sigma, lean, PHR, SPHR, etc.
- Advanced education is a plus.