We have an immediate opportunity for a Plant HR Manager to join a global manufacturer that provide broad-based solutions, developed for iron, steel and metals production, solar, nuclear, oil & gas, defense, aerospace and many others. The company is multinational in scope with facilities / plants located across the globe. This AWESOME role will ensure we maintain a positive relationship with the union and the highest level of service to our internal customers. You will promote adherence with various policies, employment laws and ethical behaviors. This person will become a valued member of both the plant management and HR functional management teams. It will report directly to the plant manager. Our ideal candidate will have Plant HR management experience, with the ability to mentor, coach and drive change along with the local management team. In addition, they would have experience with recruitment, compensation & benefits administration, performance appraisal management, regulatory compliance, and positive employee relations.
This exceptional role is located in a beautiful area that offers extremely affordable housing and a cost of living that is 21% below the US average. Schools have a very low student teacher ratio with universities close by! You are close to great skiing, white water rafting and lots of outdoor activities. This is a beautiful area in a community that is rich with history and a great place to raise your family.
To apply please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coordinates all recruitment, staffing, layoffs and call backs
- Conducts all labor management meetings
- Work closely with plant leadership to identify and track required staffing levels
- Administers wage and salary programs using corporate procedures and controls.
- Responds to employee complaints
- Oversees Workers Compensation investigations, information and programs.
- Works closely with the union to improve labor relations and address issues.
- Participates as chief spokesperson in labor contract negotiations.
- Responsible for communicating with staff and employees on employee orientation process, company benefit programs and all company communications including handbook and HR policies
- Administers Group Insurance, Pension Programs, FMLA, Service Awards, Short Term/Long Term disability, Life Insurance, 401K, sickness and accident insurance and other benefit programs.
- The ability to build partnerships, interact and communication at all levels within the company, as well as the ability to adjust to different situations is required.
- Coordinates administration of the collective bargaining agreement for the unions
- Administers the grievance process through arbitration.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including managing understaffed situations, conflict resolution, terminating employees and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Ensures all pre-employment requirements such as interviews, physical examinations (post offer), drug tests, background checks, and reference checks are completed in a timely manner.
- Aids in the development of safety policies and programs within corporate guidelines to assure a safe work environment
- Assists management with interpretation and application of legal requirements, polices and practices.
- Maintains accurate associate records.
- Suggests ways to realize the most effective and efficient utilization of plant labor / job combinations.
- Coordinates the bidding process and provides input to the management team concerning plant staffing and labor utilization.
- Delivers presentations for labor management meetings, contract negotiations, staff meetings and vendor meetings
- Provides guidance regarding employee discipline to ensure fairness, consistency, and documentation.
- Coordinates plant organizational training requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field OR 10 years of equivalent industrial plant experience.
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements and safety efficiencies in manufacturing is required (OSHA, FLSA, ADA, Workers Comp, Unemployment, etc.).
- 3 to 5 years of HR Management within industrial plant operations
- Strong preference for previous union experience
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to train / develop others.
- High degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Detailed oriented with a high degree of accuracy and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- This position regularly requires a high degree of mental effort due to considerable interruptions and/or frequent changes of activity or workloads during a typical working day.
- Strong communication skills is a must with the ability to leverage cross team collaboration in problem solving.
- Must be highly organized and be able to juggle multiple priorities / needs of a manufacturing operation.
- Skilled in MS Office and ADP software.
- Professional training / certifications are a plus. i.e. six sigma, lean, PHR, SPHR, etc.
- Advanced education is a plus.