We have an exceptional opportunity for a General Manager to take the reigns of a Division of a leading national manufacturer / distributor of automotive parts and components. We are looking for a leader who has a passion for racing and the performance parts segment and that can function like an entrepreneur within a Corporation.
Besides having a strong progressive track record of sales accomplishment, multi-location management with P&L responsibility, you should have superb leadership skills and with a high level of integrity and business ethics. Prior experience in development and execution of industry leading e-commerce strategies is highly desired. The General Manager will report to the CEO of the parent corporation and is responsible for the P&L and all functions of the business.
This great role has a robust compensation package with a generous benefits program that includes medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), disability insurance, vacation and holiday time, and education reimbursement is included. Relocation provided to a great family friendly area of TN with a COL that is 16% below the US average. Also, NO STATE INCOME TAX! You have it all here with beautiful area, lots of cultural / arts events and entertainment plus one of the most well-known motorsports facilities in the county!
Please forward resume to: email@example.com
- Establish the annual operating plan in conjunction with Executive Leadership and ensure the achievement of key sales and operations initiatives.
- Direct reports include the National Sales Manager, Purchasing Manager, Operations Manager, and Branch Managers.
- Formulate a long term strategic plan for the business and ensure proactive implementation.
- Direct the sales management team to achieve targeted market share by customer segment.
- Monitor competitive trends, customer needs and develop effective strategies for sales campaigns.
- Establish targets for current and new product lines and implement effective strategies to achieve plans.
- Maintain an ongoing, close relationship with key customers.
- Lead in depth reviews of all branch P&L’s to ensure cost structure and profit optimization.
- Identify training needs, initiate appropriate programs/development of staff, and implement effective personnel actions.
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement across all functional areas.
- Maintain a strong focus on employee morale and safety throughout the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related discipline preferred
- Full P&L accountability experience required
- Able to create a eCommerce strategy that augments their catalog / telephonic process to open new customers.
- Previous experience with product distribution and sales business operations that include Counter Business. Sales, Ops, Accounting and eCommerce
- Looking for strong knowledge of e-commerce systems and strategies
- Possess a formidable sales mentality / acumen.
- Previous experience leading divisions or organizations
- 8+ years of progressively responsible experience in sales, operations, and/or general management roles
- Automotive aftermarket experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of distribution based ERP systems
- Prior experience in development and execution of industry leading e-commerce strategies is highly desired.
- Advanced education is a plus.
- Professional Training / certifications are a plus.