We have a confidential GM role for an automotive part manufacturing client located near Nashville, TN. This national company has a strong reputation in thier markets. We are looking for a leader to effectively organize and manage all functional elements of the plant facility. If you are looking for an opportunity to lead and mentor a great team to improve quality, expand market share and build strong relationships then this is your ticket. Responsibilities include:
- Full P&L ownership including strategy, policies, processes, practices, systems
- Leadership of plant people, processes and products including,
- Ensuring product quality
- Elimintating waste
- Implementing best practices and advancing 5S practices
- Working with team to develop new business
- Supply chain management
- Operating budget, cost controls, capital management, AP/AR etc.
- Continuous improvement (cost, quality, productivity, operational excellence)
- Oversee plant and equipment, and engineering
- Maintaining good relationships with the union workforce.
- Ensuring successful product launches
- Team / employee development
- Maintaining good labor relations in a non union environment
- Business metrics / reporting / communicating at all levels
- Program management
- Environmental/occupational health & safety
Company relocation is provided to a family friendly area of Tennessee near Nashville, with a Cost of Living that is 12% below the US average. Lets not forget that there is NO STATE INCOME TAX! Suburban living with quick big city access at it's best! On the cultural side of things, the area provides a rich selection of entertainment and recreation that are close by! This is a key position with a automotive parts manufacturer and has a strong compensation package. Company benefits include Medical with PPO / HSA Options, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short term / Long term Disability, and a 401k match.
Forward resume to: email@example.com
Qualities We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor in engineering or related technical field preferred; Post-secondary education in business administration, engineering, quality management or purchasing-materials management may be considered
- Previous leadership experience in a automotive, equipment or truck component or parts manufacturing
- Skilled in using Six Sigma / Toyota Production System principles and processes, including Kaizen events, , visual controls, kanban, set-up reduction, process mapping and MBF tools.
- Must have previous P&L experience with strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- High energy with a positive mental attitude.
- Experienced in materials management, scheduling, and quality systems
- Team oriented and is results driven
- Prior experience with ERP Systems
- Preference for union shop experience.
- High attention to driving costs out of an operation
- Ability to think creatively and innovate solutions
- Experience interacting with clients and effectively communicating at all levels
- Ability to proactively interact and negotiate with executive leadership concerning business objectives, challenges or recommendations
- Ability to lead multiple personalities / employee types
- Strong leadership skills, building trust and developing motivation
- Able to manage multiple, complex priorities in a fast paced environment
- Automotive aftermarket, remanufacturing, transmission, torque converter component experience is a huge plus
- Professional certifications / training is a plus
- Advanced education is a plus