This is an exceptional opportunity for a Laboratory Manager-QA/QC (Quality Assurance/Quality Control) to join a global chemical company. Responsible for all aspects of internal and external quality systems that ensure compliance with both internal and external customer requirements and expectations.
You will lead a team that includes a QA group, control lab, a specialty lab for proprietary chemistry and analysis, a certified environmental lab function and three satellite labs. Within this organizational framework responsibilities include laboratory performance and productivity including equipment, supplies, staffing, training, software and documentation.
Forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a high priority role, so if you snooze, you lose!
- Lead an effective Quality Assurance/Quality Management system to continuously identify opportunities for improvement while maintaining adherence external customer quality specifications and requirements.
- Provide technical guidance to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the analytical laboratory operation.
- Mentor / train laboratory operations personnel.
- Ensure accurate evaluation, interpretation, and verification of data for analyses performed in the lab.
- Act as the contact point for resolution of technical issues and quality issues.
- Manage the internal and external customer complaint management and reporting systems.
- Support regulatory compliance and help solve customer and operations quality issues.
- Maintain expertise on all quality topics for the lab.
- Manage ISO 9001 Quality System and other quality certifications
- Create, control and distribute company product information such as Technical Bulletins, Foreign & Domestic SDS, and technical compliance documentation.
- Implement new or enhanced laboratory methods, practices and equipment.
- Lead lab analytical and research techniques and innovations.
- Standardize, and document lab processes to optimize efficiency of analyses and reporting.
- Ensure accuracy and statistical rigor of analytical results.
- Develop lab asset replacement plan and coordinate acquisition of new equipment.
- Ensure preventative maintenance for instrumentation in the laboratory.
- Lead budgeting and planning efforts for laboratory function.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts within the lab and company.
- Provide reporting for all finished products to internal and external customers.
- Assist with specification reviews, environmental/regulatory surveys, MSDS, to address customer issues.
- Determine and agree on quality procedures, standards and specifications with customers’ representatives and internal company executives and facility managers.
- Support plant personnel with analytical data to help improve plant performance.
- BS chemistry or chemical engineering required.
- 3+ years experience with analytical methods, data interpretation and relevant statistical analysis of results.
- 5+ years of experience in Laboratory Management / Supervision
- Must understand efficient laboratory organization and operation, including sample flow through the laboratory and daily sample output.
- ISO9000 auditor certification required
- Basic knowledge of inorganic chemistry strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Global GMP preferred.
- Must be familiar with analytical instrumentation including GC, ICPOES, NMR, IC, UV-VIS spectroscopy, titration and auto-titrator theory and operation, pH testing, specific gravity, particle size testing, and other wet chemistry methods and sample preparation and analyses.
- Candidate must be skilled in data analysis, statistical methods and be familiar with scientific instrument software.
- Possess knowledge of lab processes, chemical analyses, analytical practices and techniques, documentation, interpretation and publication of results.
- Willing to “roll up sleeves” and work at all levels of organization.
- Can interact with external customers, sales and marketing and internal customers
- Managing competing priorities.
- Ability to coach, manage, change and facilitate team performance.
- Strong organizational, analytical, troubleshooting skills.
- Skilled with instrumentation calibration methods, development of analyst training/testing programs.
- Must have a working knowledge of manufacturing and quality operations.
- Advanced education is a plus.
- Professional training / certifications are a plus. i.e.
- Lean Six Sigma or equivalent experience.