We have a great opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager for a Tier 1 & 2 automotive part manufacturing client located just outside Dallas, TX. The 42 year old national company has a strong reputation in the aftermarket. We are looking for a leader to effectively organize and manage all plant engineering elements of the plant facility. If you are looking for an opportunity to lead and mentor a great team to improve quality, expand market share and build strong relationships then this is your ticket.
Company relocation is provided to a family friendly area of Texas on the outskirts of Dallas, with a Cost of Living that is 11% below the US average. Suburban living with quick big city access at it's best! On the cultural side of things, the area provides a rich selection of entertainment, sports and recreation that are close by! Company benefits include Medical with PPO / HSA Options, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short term / Long term Disability, and a 401k match
- Manage, support and improve the following key function/processes owned by the engineering group.
- Lead the engineering effort to translate customer requirements from the initial quote stage through qualification and implementation of robust production processes.
- Direct the activities of the Manufacturing project Engineers responsible for developing, scheduling and coordinating all elements of manufacturing finishing and inspection plans.
- Facilitate the development, documentation, implementation, control, and improvement of production processes.
- Drive Lean continuous improvement mind-set and projects to reduce costs by applying methodologies to balance effectively asset and labor leverage.
- Develop cost estimates for new and existing processes(i.e. machining, finishing, blasting, trimming, packaging, etc.) to support Sales department regarding customer RFQ business opportunities.
- Lead and direct the activities of the tooling/Fixture / Equipment design, acquisition, repair, refurbishment and day-to-day technical Process Improvements.
- Lead implementation and application of a robust (multiple-phased AIAG process) Program
- Lead the cost reduction program including technical problem solving.
- Recommend and drive the acquisition of new equipment or modifications to meet the process and production need of the business.
- Develop and utilize performance metrics for all areas of direct responsibility
- Plan for manufacturing growth as dictated by the growth of our business.
- Communicate with customers when necessary to manage expectations, resolve problems, and obtain feedback.
- Conduct shop floor problem analysis; propose solutions, simulations, and execute.
- Launching landed projects through APQP process
- Developing manufacturing flows and processes in conjunction with newly landed business.
- Engineer Poka-Yoke error proofing into fixturing and gages
- Engineer processes that are operator “Hands Free”
- Auditing and monitoring existing processes/output/waste in relation to cost reduction and maintaining BOM/ROUTERS
- Identifying and developing improvements for all operational functions
- Work closely with raw materials suppliers to ensure costs are competitive, correct yields realized and new materials are reviewed for compatibility.
- Work closely with and in support of the quality, manufacturing, and materials/planning groups
- Communicate directly with customers
- BS degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial engineering.
- 8+years’ experience in manufacturing engineering
- Previous management experience in manufacturing / assembly operations
- Hands-on work experience utilizing APQP and working with TS16949.
- Able to build costs estimates for manufacturing processes including robotic or cellular manufacturing concepts.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents and prints
- Skilled with manufacturing techniques and process development.
- Program Launch and systems application knowledge necessary to achieve product and process stability and reliability robustness.
- Skilled using Six Sigma tools to manage variation and Lean methodologies for operations excellence