We have an exceptional opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join an industry leader using cutting edge technologies! Their global footprint has thousands of employees across 38 countries. This division develops and produces custom, precision steel products in a new state of the art facility.
You will be supporting/leading electrical projects, designing, developing, testing and supporting our systems for our automated hot-rolling mill and finishing mill You will troubleshoot, run root cause meetings, upgrade hardware, automation systems & software to improve production times, steel quality, equipment performance, energy consumption, down-time reduction, and process automation.
Generous benefits and a very strong compensation package for this key role. Substantial relocation support is also provided to a great location that has been rated in the top 25 cities for recent grads not to mention a great low cost of living with nationally ranked schools in the area and low taxes! Forbes rates it in their 10 best-sized cities for jobs. Did I mention the great food in Louisiana?! More than 50 events / festivals a year to try it all out! Also lots of live entertainment, casinos and don't forget, Louisiana is called the sportsman's paradise for a reason!
- Monitor all related costs associated with the Electrical Maintenance Team
- Assist managing projects on down days as well as outages and special projects
- Ensure that systems are designed and programmed to meet the specifications
- Oversee all electrical projects
- Assist in the development and implementation of work procedures, PM’s and LOTO & Engineered Improvements
- Assist in setting up down days, outages and special projects
- Manage setting up down days, outages, and special projects
- Develop and implement plant 5S and Lean manufacturing programs
- Conduct "Root Cause Analysis" meetings to determine and rectify problematic issues in the process.
- Assist in programs and procedures to ensure compliance to all safety regulations "NEC/NECS/NFPA"
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- 5 years Industrial Electrical Engineering or related experience
- Possess hands-on experience in 5S / LEAN manufacturing disciplines
- Skilled in design and engineering improvement projects
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Process Control background – Automation – Siemens highly desired but NOT required
- Must be able to manage all aspects of the electrical department and work closely with the TL Electrical and Planner
- Previous project experience both small and large
- CAD, SAP, Excel, and Project software experience
- Ability to organize, present, and explain complex data in a clear manner
- Possess proven analytical, problem identification and resolution skills with attention to details
- Construction/start-up experience desired but NOT required;
- Help the plant installation and commissioning teams if required
- Support of Factory Acceptance Testing “FAT TEST”
- Previous experience in a steel mill or pipe mill is a huge plus!
- Professional Certifications are a plus….Professional Engineer (PE), Fundamentals of Engineering (FE), Journeyman Electrical, Six Sigma, Lean, etc.
- Advanced education is a plus