We have an exceptional opportunity for a Director of Sales / Business Development for the SBA Subcontractor of the Year and they are on a major growth curve! This veteran-founded and veteran-owned company connects companies with leading technology manufacturers and suppliers. They provides Test & Measurement, Life Science and Chemical Analysis products from marketing leading OEM's to American Prime Contractor and Federal Agencies.
We are looking for a strong team-oriented government sales leader to continue to develop the new business opportunities and vendor relationships for this federal reseller. Your team will provide distribution product lines of contracted partners / manufacturers to government agencies that is supported with proprietary eCommerce ordering solutions and customer service capabilities that enable simplicity, efficiency, and accountability.
If you are a strong strategic leader who has highly developed consultative sales skills and loves to win, then this hands-on role is for you! You will lead and mentor the team to develop new client / vendor relationships and find solutions to expand market share of existing clients.
This fast growing company is located in Tennessee and the Director of Sales / Business Development is actively traveling between clients, potential accounts and the corporate office so relocation is an option. Just need to be located close to a major airport.
This reports to the CEO.
Forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What you will love about us
- We are a customer centric company where you can thrive and grow in an award-winning, team-spirited environment
- A business model that continues to experience strong double-digit growth every year
- We thank our employees for their dedication by providing them with programs to enhance their well-being and support their personal commitments.
- A strong compensation plant that recognizes and rewards achievement!
- A competitive comprehensive and flexible benefit package that enables employees to tailor their benefits options to meet their needs
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic and Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- 401k Plan with Strong Match Package
- Generous Paid Time Off Including Company Paid Holidays
- Manages key customer relationships and participates in closing strategic opportunities
- Analyzes and identifies opportunities to strengthen current, and secure new, OEM business
- Delivers targeted growth and achieves all targets for OEM channels - Vendors
- Connects the dots with customers and partners to develop key relationships
- Executes strategic inside sales plans to achieve corporate goals
- Leads the marketing team to establish successful support, channel and partner programs
- Implements infrastructure and systems to support the success of the inside sales function
- Manages inside sales team and resources to deliver profitable growth
- Defines an optimal inside sales force structure
- Mentors the inside sales staff
- Devises comp / incentive programs that drives sales team results
- Works with HR Director to develop and facilitate sales training programs that support company objectives
- Gathers competitive intelligence and provides updates to the senior leadership team
- Attend trade shows and conferences
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients
What we will love about you:
- That you have a Bachelors degree
- Your demonstrated success in a sales leadership role that includes farming existing accounts and new business development
- Your knowledge of how the government purchasing works in Defense and Space organizations / companies.
- That you are experienced in Federal Acquisition Regulations and DoD Acquisition Policy including ITAR and BACM.
- How you are financially astute regarding revenue, costs, profit, margin, overhead, percentages, and P&L management.
- Knowledge of statutory and regulatory constrains associated with US exports and international business, in particular
- You are knowledgeable with AS9120 standard
- That you are a strong team player that understands tactical and strategic sides of achieving company goals.
- Can demonstrate a successful track record of business development, sales operations, client support and service to government agencies and vendors.
- You have the ability to interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Skilled with coaching and mentoring on solutions and consultative selling strategies
- How you thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with using CRM for sales reporting, activities feedback / coaching and forecasting
- Possess leadership skills to translate a strategy through the implementation process and execution.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite:
- Position may require up to 60% travel.
- Professional certifications / training is a plus.
- Advanced education is a plus.