We have an exceptional opportunity for a VA/VE Program Director to join a leading provider of clean energy solutions. This company provides nuclear power technologies, fuel and support services around the world. Design to Value is a multidimensional, cross-functional approach to identify early the key cost drivers of the products and the main levers to influence the product cost- as well as taking into account target customer applications and supply chain & manufacturing innovations, with the goal to shape the products with the right features required by the customers at the lowest feasible cost.
The VA/VE Design-to-Value Program Director will be responsible for deploying and developing Design-to-Value (DtV) methodology and capabilities while leading these efforts across the corporation to make step changes improving the competitiveness of our products. This is a high-visibility role and a chance for you to bring your engineering, product management, supply chain experience to impact a recognized multi-billion-dollar corporation! The position will report to the Executive VP of Global Operations.
This great role has a very strong compensation package with a complete benefits package and relocation is provided to a beautiful family-friendly area with great schools close to the Pittsburgh, PA metro area. Has a strong salary and benefits package and other programs.
- Managing cross-functional DtV initiatives through all phases from ideation to impact realization
- Establish DtV toolbox and develop DtV pilot projects
- Identifying underlying customer value with relevant Business Units and Product Managers or when necessary through direct customer interactions, and ensuring it is carried through to design through DtV initiatives
- Facilitate with the internal team and external partners to transfer learning and insights into meaningful actions.
- Provide insights & potential manufacturing impacts, identifying key information gaps and providing leadership in the development and execution of initial concepts as they relate to value and cost savings.
- Define project scope/success criteria to select appropriate components/products for design to value projects and prioritization
- Assisting in the selection of DtV initiative leaders for specific projects
- Obtain cross-functional buy-in and resource allocation for DtV initiatives
- Integrate innovations from supply chain and manufacturing and outcome of competitive benchmarking in all DtV initiatives
- Report the progress and business impact of all initiatives
Education & Qualifications
- Must have an Engineering degree (Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial preferred)
- A minimum combined industrial experience of 10 years +
- Can demonstrate experience in results in VA/VE and or Design to Value program implementation/execution
- Looking for a Leader who has implemented VA/VE or Design to Value program from scratch
- Change management and project-based delivery models experience is required
- Skilled in using Design to Value elements and tools
- Must have previous experience in highly engineered industrial product management, innovation, engineering
- Strong analytical and strategic skills with a Bifocal approach - ability to zoom-in/zoom-out for strategic and tactical, high-level and detailed, etc. is required
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate work in a global matrix organization ( Innovation, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Engineering, Project execution)and to foster collaboration and success of geographically distributed teams;
- Deep understanding of the full value chain
- Strong executive presentation skills are required
- Skilled with AutoCAD, Solidworks
- Advanced Education is a plus
- Professional Training / Certifications are a plus, i.e. CVS Certified Value Specialist, CVE Certified Value Engineer, VMA Value Methodology Associate, DFSS Design for Six Sigma Certification