We have an immediate need for a Distributed Control Systems (DCS) Coordinator. We are looking for a skilled DCS Tech / Coordinator for a large multiple chemical plant complex.
Our client is a global company that provides customers worldwide with chemical and minerals. They ship thousands of tons product daily to major manufacturers in 52 countries! This is our most stable client, and they are continuing to grow their processes and expand.
You will be providing day-to-day troubleshooting assistance for instrumentation and controls in a chemical manufacturing environment. This job interfaces with technicians, engineers, and management. It documents the DCS. It is the responsibility of this role to train less experienced personne1, maintain the system, plan for future needs, and update/modernize the system.
Look at all the pluses to this exciting role, including:
- Strong career stability / growth and development opportunity
- Joining an International Leader with 14,000 employees worldwide
- An extensive corporate relocation program provided.
- Great affordability with lower than average housing cost and higher than average appreciation
- Great location for outdoors activities. You have great weather, you have mountains, desert, biking, hiking, snowboarding / skiing, boating, desert motorsports and golfing!
- This key role has a strong compensation and benefits program that include medical/ dental insurance, FSA account, 401k match, Life / ADD insurance, disability, paid vacation, disability and education reimbursement.
Please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Configuring DCS and PLCs to perform manufacturing tasks safely.
- Communicating with others to ensure successful checkout, start-up, and commissioning of projects involving DCS& PLCs.
- Follow DCS System Standards established by the DCS Team in Developing and expanding individual systems
- Provide technical expertise to help operations management and personnel understand the capabilities of the DCS System.
- Maintain current documentation for hardware and software on the DCS to be sufficiently complete, to allow other system administrators the ability to troubleshoot in the principal administrator's absence.
- Maintain system security with user/environment password.
- Plan for appropriate hardware redundancies.
- Plan and execute system maintenance as necessary.
- Plan for future resource needs (upgrades and expansions).
- Provide all programming necessary to make changes and modifications necessary to meet the needs of the facility requirements.
- Implement new procedures and technology to improve reliability.
- Keep abreast of the hardware changes and software developments in the Foxboro I/A System.
- Serve on the committee to develop a Book of Standards.
- Commit to a safe working environment
- Proactively identify and resolve safety hazards.
- Instrumentation Journeyman, electrician or equivalent with 3+ years of experience.
- Experience championing and implement improvements in systems capabilities in a manufacturing plant environment, powerplant, or refinery
- Demonstrated expertise in distributed control system (DCS) architecture and demonstrated skills in configuring, documenting and troubleshooting DCS and PLC systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of instrumentation systems and electrical infrastructure.
- Experience with process control and instrumentation
- Training from the Foxboro (Invensys) DCS is highly valued
- Competent in use of database software such as FoxPro.
- Experience in maintaining upgrading DCS and instrumentation
- Can locate and rectify electrical problems, malfunctions and defects.
- Able to read, interpret, and modify electrical and electronic schematics and blueprints.
- Fundamental understanding of Process Safety Management (PSM) systems and High Hazard Processes is a plus.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC’s is a plus.
- Advanced education is a plus
- Professional certifications / training is a plus.