We have an exceptional opportunity for a Controls Engineer to join a 50-year-old Tier 1 global automotive operation. The company is one of the fastest-growing automotive suppliers worldwide supplying companies like BMW, Mercedes, Ford, Porsche, Nissan Audi and others. This impressive role comes with aggressive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. This great role is located just a short drive from Birmingham AL.
- Design PLC, HMI, instrumentation and electrical systems and applications for cost-effective plant operations.
- Lead controls-related Capital project activities, from conception through start-up
- Conceptual controls project design, budgeting, detailed design, specification development, bid negotiations, and installation.
- Manages outside contractors and SMP personnel for controls related project work
- Troubleshoot and solve production-related control system problems
- Upgrade controls / equipment to improve operations
- Advises the Engineering staff of appropriate control and instrumentation standards and philosophy.
- Provides training of plant personnel for controls related systems and technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Engineering Technology Required.
- 7 + years of work experience designing/implementing control systems in a manufacturing environment.
- 3 + years’ experience with Enterprise Resource Planning systems
- Previous experience managing control projects from start to finish
- Skilled with troubleshooting and upgrading control systems
- Previous experience in automotive parts manufacturing is highly valued.
- Able to work in maintenance teams and individually.
- Knowledge of SAP, AS400 a plus
- Advanced education is a plus
- Professional certifications/training are a plus.