We have an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Controller to join a national manufacturer in the automotive / truck parts industry. The The Plant Controller is responsible for supporting the leadership team in preparing timely and effective analysis and financial reporting for the business. This position will be responsible for managing the process of gathering, analyzing and reporting on information used to communicate operating results, performance measures and ad hoc information via reports, presentations, emails, instructions and memos in a timely and accurate manner. Experience in cost accounting and working in a manufacturing environment is required.
This is a great position with a growing stable manufacturing company and has a competitive compensation package. This position is just south of Dallas TX and has a cost of living that is 11% below the US average! Sports, entertainment, shopping and more give a family everything they could ask for.
Forward your resume to: email@example.com
- Assists in the monthly closing processes for the plant
- Reviews and resolves variances
- Provides high quality, timely, and accurate information for the leadership team and supporting functions.
- Performs analysis/reconciliations of balance sheet and miscellaneous P&L accounts on a monthly basis.
- Analyze operational and financial data, investigate variances
- Identify business drivers, and evaluate their impact on planned objectives.
- Develop variance analysis commentary for management as assigned.
- Supports ongoing continuous improvement initiatives by demonstrating individual accountability, continuous process improvement and teamwork.
- Maintain prepaid amortization and lease schedules.
- Assists with the development of process improvements in support of department goals.
- Perform monthly reconciliations for Inventory, Warranty, and other various balance sheet accounts.
- Create Operations reports/analyses to meet the changing needs of the business and to enhance understanding of the operational opportunities.
- Process improvement orientation to drive enhanced efficiency and effectiveness of Manufacturing Operation-level processes as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- 5+ years accounting/finance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in cost accounting and working in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency in MS Excel including pivot tables, vlookups conditional statements and query design
- Possess strong analytical skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and concepts
- Working knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Can work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to operate with high regard to integrity, trust, and confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize numerous time critical tasks, assignments
- Ability to think strategically in a constantly changing business environment and market
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, personally committed to work quality and able to learn from mistakes
- Advanced education is a plus
- Professional certifications / CPA is a plus.