Due to a recent promotion, we have an immediate opening for a Chief Engineer to join a global manufacturer of products used in a wide variety of industrial arenas including materials, metals, electronics and automotive. The company is a multinational in scope with facilities / plants located across the globe.
We are looking for a strong leader that can mentor / challenge the engineering team and maintenance team to contribute to the success of the business. Your team will work with the design and implementation of new or replacement equipment and pursuing manufacturing process improvements. This terrific leadership role will be maintaining and repairing existing equipment and facilities while leading the plant engineering and maintenance departments in transforming them into world class models. You will be working with high voltage oven systems and a multitude of high voltage plant substations.
This is a great role that has relocation provided to an area that has:
- Cost of living that is 21% below the US average
- Great family environment in an absolutely beautiful area
- Very affordable housing
- Great schools that have a very low student/ teacher ratio
- You are close to a wide range of outdoor activities that include hiking, camping, great skiing, and rafting
- Close to nationally known universities
Relocation is provided. A competitive compensation package and generous benefits are offered for this key role that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, EAP, Educational Reimbursement, Employer Retirement Account, Travel Accident Insurance Prescription / Drug, 401K Match, Vacation, and a Flexible Spending Account
Forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provides engineering skills and management direction to the Engineering and Maintenance Departments.
- Coordinates and leads all engineering and maintenance systems at the facility.
- Directly supervises plant engineers and maintenance process managers of various technical levels (currently 3-4 salaried employees, 16 maintenance skilled craftsman).
- Provides overall direction for the preparation, administration, and execution of the plant capital construction and special expense programs.
- Manage both a Capital and Expense Budget.
- Coordinates the design, construction, and startup of new facilities using state of the art engineering and construction management techniques.
- Directly responsible for contractor compliance with HSEP requirements.
- Determines need for external consultants to address project or process issues.
- Monitors plant utility usage and costs.
- Is a leader in developing and endorsing new ideas, new technologies and new engineering approaches.
- Challenges the status quo and best practices in an effort to continuously reduce lead times.
- Works with other groups to deliver appropriate training on lean manufacturing.
- Assists in understanding and implementation of debottlenecking techniques such as quick changeover, MEE analysis, Pareto analyses, etc.
- Is a major supporter of Cost Reduction efforts.
- Responsible for managing plant process computer hardware and software engineering and maintenance.
- Responsible for Fixed Assets Inventory and Updates.
Required / Experience:
- Engineering degree, BS Electrical, other Engineering degrees considered with extensive applicable experience
- Skilled in multiple areas including high voltage sytems, electrical distribution, transformers, programmable logic controller.
- 7 years minimum Industrial Plant Experience.
- Experience in leading the transformation of plant engineering and maintenance
- Knowledge of Graphite Manufacturing Process and Equipment is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated Strong Leadership
- Ability to lead problem Solving Efforts.
- Effective in teamwork and communication.
- Understands project and plant cost system.
- Knowledge of TOC and Lean Manufacturing.
- Proficient in Computer Software Usage such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must have strong communication skills to deliver updates to all levels of the organization.
- Professional certifications / training is a plus.
- Advanced education is a plus