We have a great career role for a Chemical Process Engineer with one of our Global Chemical Clients. This company provides customers worldwide with chemicals and minerals which are used in their multi-faceted manufacturing processes. You will be responsible for optimizing quality, process, productivity and documenting production process improvements. Ensuring compliance with State and Federal Regulations related to safety and the environment is a key component of this exciting role.
Lots of pluses to this great opportunity, including:
Great location for outdoors activities. You have great weather, you have mountains, desert, biking, hiking, snowboarding / skiing, boating, desert Motorsports and golfing!
Joining a Global Leader with over 14,000 employees worldwide
An extensive corporate relocation program is provided.
Career growth in a very stable manufacturing environment
Great affordability with lower than average housing cost and higher than average appreciation with a Cost of Living below US average.
This is a strong career path with stability and development opportunity
This key role has a strong compensation and benefits program that include medical/ dental insurance, FSA account, 401k match, Life / ADD insurance, disability, paid vacation, disability and education reimbursement.
Forward resume to: email@example.com
- Responsible for heat and material balance, development and use of process simulation.
- Develop of process flow diagrams, block flow diagrams, system design parameters, and design or rating of equipment and apparatus such as heat exchangers, vessels, reactors, etc.
- Creates documentation including SOP’s, training, validation of equipment, and reports.
- Directs activities to ensure the project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Prepares proposals and executes planned projects.
- Determines time frames, funding, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects.
- Create project specifications including drawings, data sheets, etc. compliant with industry / safety standards and to client specifications.
- Optimize current processes including performance consistency and cost effectiveness.
- Provide accurate and timely project reporting to internal and external customers
- Manage relationships with preferred equipment manufacturers, specialists, and technical support consultants.
- Provide engineering to improve existing manufacturing processes and capabilities.
- Liaison with manufacturing team at all levels to resolve technical issues, applying your skills to design, optimize and troubleshoot equipment.
- Identify emerging technologies for future implementation
- Ensure each process plant is set up to provide maximum output levels and efficiency;
- Implementation of system upgrades and modifications, including reviewing and preparing documentation.
- Assess options for plant expansion or reconfiguration by developing and testing process simulation models
- Implement new manufacturing processes for existing and new products.
- Maintains knowledge of all processes and equipment and acts as engineering resource.
- Provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Develop expertise on current and emerging technologies.
- Uses situation, potential problem, and decision analyses, risk assessments, DMAIC, LEAN methodologies.
- Design, install, and evaluate sampling and measurement procedures
- BS in chemical engineering
- Minimum 3+ years related experience in pulp/ paper, manufacturing, refining or chemical process industry
- Strong preference for background in chemical process engineering over chemical process design
- Must have a strong understanding of process, mechanical and electrical engineering practices and processes, including mass and energy transfer and fluid flow.
- Knowledge of crystallization and inorganic chemistry preferred.
- Knowledgeable in process, mechanical and electrical engineering practices and processes, including mass and energy transfer and fluid flow.
- Skilled with process equipment operation and troubleshooting.
- Able to support plants which are in continuous operation
- Candidate must be skilled in data analysis and statistical methods.
- Must be skilled with computer modeling tools.
- Six Sigma experience is a plus
- Advanced education is a plus
- Professional Certifications are a plus.