Our client, a global chemical and mineral manufacturer using state-of-the-art solution mining and crystallization techniques, has an immediate need for a Lab Chemist. The company takes great pride in providing customers worldwide with chemical and minerals which are essential to the manufacturing of goods essential to modern life. They ship thousands of tons of high grade mineral product daily to major manufacturers in 52 countries for new demands and opportunities that make many things possible — TV sets; personal computers; calculators; digital clocks; books and magazines; clean clothes; a tank of gas; reflective traffic signs. If career stability is important then take note that this operation has been in place for over 100 years and they did not have any layoffs during this recent recession!
Yes, you could say that this opportunity has it all:
- Joining an International Leader / Provider of minerals and chemicals whose parent company has 14,000 employees worldwide
- Career growth in a extremely stable company environment
- Great affordability with lower than average housing cost and higher than average appreciation with a cost of living that is below US average!
- Work on your tan with 90% sunshine
- If you like being outdoors in this great weather, you have golf, mountains, desert, biking, hiking, snowboarding, hunting, fishing, skiing, boating, flying / gliding and desert motorsports!
- Competitive compensation and solid benefits program that include medical/ dental insurance, FSA account, 401k match, Life / ADD insurance, disability, paid vacation, disability, paid holidays and education reimbursement.
- An extensive corporate relocation program provided
Please forward resume to: email@example.com
- Conduct all testing assignments directed by Laboratory Management to support the organizational needs in QA, QC, Manufacturing, Research, Engineering, etc.
- Oversee activities of Lab Technicians and coordinate testing.
- Perform complex testing with appropriate instrumentation and apparatus.
- Design new methods for testing to solve problems for internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Perform checks and reviews of laboratory documentation for accuracy and adherence to approved procedures.
- Be responsible for adhering to SSHE policies, procedures and programs, regulations and company directives, and actively participate in preventing unsafe acts.
- Understand the primary SSHE hazards and risks in the work area and the safeguards in place to manage those hazards and risks.
- Maintain an awareness of SSHE requirements for the specific work area.
- Immediately report all SSHE issues to the supervisor.
- Provide requested information during SSHE internal and external audits.
- Monitors and mentors the work of Lab Technicians.
- Develop and apply analytical techniques (e.g. ICP, HJPLC, GC, XRF, auto-titrators).
- Assist in developing new products or improving existing products.
- Develop new methods; refine existing methods; apply current methods.
- Identify and develop innovative analytical techniques and contribute to resolution of development and manufacturing issues.
- Perform necessary sample preparation techniques.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance on analytical equipment.