We have an immediate opportunity for a Junior Accountant to join a global manufacturer that provides broad-based solutions developed for iron, steel and metals production, solar, nuclear, oil & gas, defense, aerospace and many others. The company is multinational in scope with facilities / plants located across the globe. We are looking for an ambitious Accounting professional to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles, able to work comfortably with numbers and excel in attention to detail.The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition to make timely decisions and accomplish long term success.
This exceptional role is located in a beautiful area that offers extremely affordable housing and a cost of living that is 21% below the US average. Schools have a very low student teacher ratio with universities close by! You are close to great skiing, white water rafting and lots of outdoor activities. This is a beautiful area in a community that is rich with history and a great place to raise your family.
Forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is a high priority so don't delay if you are interested.
- Reconcile bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Maintain general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable, accounts payable, and inventory detail and control accounts
- Adjusting entries for amortizations and prepaids
- Provides local management with financial and statistical information to enable them to better control operations.
- Fixed asset depreciation and accruals
- Analyzing and reconciling all other general ledger accounts.
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements.
- Provide financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, economics or business administration.
- 3 + years’ experience in cost or general accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- Detailed knowledge of company payroll system.
- Complete knowledge of wage and hour laws
- Thorough knowledge of financial statements and point out trouble spots to management.
- Excellent organizing abilities.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good with numbers and figures and a strong analytical acumen.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software.