We have an exceptional opportunity for a Hot Rolling Mill Shift Supervisor to join a global client in their hot rolling mill. They have thousands of employees across 38 countries. They are an industry leader and use cutting edge technologies! This division develops and produces custom, precision steel products in a new state of the art facility.
You are responsible for the manufacturing process by supervising staff and monitoring equipment performance for maximum utilization. You will ensure compliance with safety rules and organization requirements and the outcome with regards to quality and performance. You must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the particular field of a hot rolling mill or seamless pipe or steel production.
This impressive leadership role comes with an aggressive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. They also have an 401k 100% match up to 6%!!! Substantial relocation support is also provided to Shreveport, LA that has been rated in the top 25 cities for recent grads not to mention a great low cost of living with nationally ranked secondary schools in the area and low taxes! Forbes rates it in their 10 best sized cities for jobs. Did I mention the great food in Louisiana?! More than 50 events / festivals a year to try it all out! Also lots of live entertainment, casinos and don't forget, Louisiana is called the sportsman's paradise for a reason!
- Supervise the production shift- team
- Staff the respective production areas and keep the employees in those areas working efficiently.
- Coordinating work activities and obtain resources necessary for production success.
- Ensure compliance to all safety rules and regulations
- Implement quality control measures to ensure high quality of work
- Minimize unplanned downtime and maintain a high product quality level
- Setup and ensure the execution of programs required to ensure facility cleanliness
- Ensure compliance with all applicable policies and procedures;
- Maintain proper and updated training material end ensure continuous training to support highest performance requirements
- Liaison between the assigned team members and the management
- Foster a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Conduct employee performance reviews
- Call for repairs and providing trouble shooting support to the maintenance teams;
- Provide manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data
- Review processing schedules and production orders and make decisions regarding resources needed to meet those schedules or orders.
- Work closely and as a team with the employees assigned to them.
- BS Engineering – Mechanical, Electrical, Metallurgy, Materials and or Industrial or equivalent experience
- Must have previous experience as a shift supervisor role in a steel mill or hot rolling facility
- General hot rolling experience is mandatory
- Basic SAP & general computer knowledge is required
- The candidate should have a basic understanding of automated manufacturing processes
- Understanding of data acquisition systems such as IBA is preferred
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to organize and explain complex data in a clear manner
- Detail oriented with proven analytical, problem identification and resolution skills
- Ability to work in a Team orientated atmosphere
- Demonstrated capability of results through people, technology and process;
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisors, coworkers and management;
- Seamless experience is a plus
- Advanced education is a plus
- Professional training / certifications are a plus.