We have an exceptional opportunity for Controls Engineer to join a global client with thousands of employees across 38 countries. They are an industry leader and use cutting edge technologies! This division develops and produces custom, precision steel products in a new state of the art facility.
You will be designing, developing, testing and supporting our systems for our automated hot-rolling mill and finishing mill You will troubleshoot / upgrade hardware & software to improve production times, steel quality, equipment performance, energy consumption, down-time reduction, and process automation
Generous benefits and compensation package for this key role. Substantial relocation support is also provided to a great location that has been rated in the top 25 cities for recent grads not to mention a great low cost of living with nationally ranked schools in the area and low taxes!
- Assist in the development and implementation of work procedures, PMs and LOTO
- Participate in plant 5S and Lean and all continuous improvement activities
- Conduct "Root Cause Analysis" meetings to determine and rectify problematic issues in the process
- Manage setting up down days, outages, and special projects
- Create and commission industrial controls systems, PLC software design, and HMI screens
- Responsible for PLC/HMI code development, code installation, debugging, troubleshooting and commissioning of new equipment
- Perform peripheral device programming, machine PLC programming, coordinate the machine debug, power-up, and machine validation
- Ensure that systems are designed and programmed to meet the specifications
- Oversee all electrical projects
- Coordinate effective repairs and maintenance on Finishing Mill equipment utilizing SAP
- Become part of our Preventative Maintenance program and World Class Maintenance Organization
- Perform work with maintenance staff as required
- Ensure compliance to all safety regulations
- AS or/ BS in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Automated Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent – or will consider and equivalent combination of technical school education and 7 years of relevant industry experience
- 3+ years of experience in industrial manufacturing plant automated machinery, controls systems programming and commissioning
- Experience with an integrator is highly valued
- Experience with diverse brand controls equipment (Allen-Bradley, Rockwell, Siemens) such as PLCs, HMIs, servo drives, VFDs, motion controllers, power supplies, and sensors
- Must have some background in Siemens PLC programming / troubleshooting
- Skilled with controls network setup and commissioning such as Ethernet and Profibus
- Previous construction / Start-up experience is desired
- Excellent communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Ability to organize and explain complex data in a clear manner
- Detail oriented with proven analytical, problem identification and resolution skills
- Project experience both large and small, in design and engineering improvements
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisors, coworkers and management
- Seamless Pipe Mill Experience a huge plus!
- Professional certifications / industry training is a plus!
- Advanced education is a plus