We have an exceptional opportunity for Combustion Engineer to join a global client with thousands of employees across 38 countries. They are an industry leader and use cutting edge technologies! This division develops and produces custom, precision steel products in a new state of the art facility.
You will be responsible for the design, development, execution, and data analysis of all furnace temperature uniformity surveys, system accuracy tests, and gas analysis This key role will provide direct supervision to the furnace operators responsible for coordinating furnace testing & results as well as provide technical guidance to the electricians performing the testing.
Generous benefits and compensation package for this key role. Substantial relocation support is also provided to Shreveport LA, a great location that has been rated in the top 25 cities for recent grads not to mention a great low cost of living with nationally ranked schools in the area and low taxes!
- Provide technical leadership in the adherence to all heat treat specifications and company requirements
- Be an engineering liaison to the Quality department.
- Support process control & engineering leadership of data acquisition and analysis of various operating equipment throughout the plant, concentrating on heat treat processes and other equipment used in the production of seamless tube products.
- Act as the Single Point of Authority for Combustion Safety for all furnaces in the mill.
- Apply engineering principles, practices, and procedures to process improvement initiatives.
- Optimizing equipment and investigating and implementing new engineered improvements
- Troubleshooting and eliminating any and all design, process and production quality issues
- Develop and implement of work procedures, PMs and LOTO;
- Support down days, outages and special projects;
- Participate in plant 5S and Lean manufacturing programs and all continuous improvement activities
- Join "Root Cause Analysis" meetings to determine and rectify problematic issues in the process;
- BS in Engineering or BS degree with minimum 4 years’ experience as a Combustion Engineer
- Excellent understanding of hot-rolling processes preferred.
- 5 years of professional experience in production planning and operations
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- Can organize and explain complex data in a clear manner
- Be detail oriented with proven analytical, problem identification and resolution skills
- Function in a team-oriented atmosphere
- Strong safety awareness and experience
- Demonstrated capability of results through people, technology and process;
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisors, coworkers and management;
- Seamless Pipe Mill experience a huge plus.
- Professional certifications / training is a plus
- Advanced education is a plus