We have a great opportunity for a Engineering Manager for a Tier 1 & 2 automotive part manufacturing client . The 43 year old national company has a strong reputation in the automotive aftermarket. We are looking for an experienced engineer leader to effectively organize and help manage engineering projects for new products and support other plant engineering elements of the plant facility. If you are an manufacturing engineer with experience in automotive Tier 1, 2 OEM component / project support, then this is your ticket!
Company relocation is provided to Alma, MI with a Cost of Living that is 13% below the US average. This is a key position with a growing global Tier 2 automotive manufacturer and has a great compensation package. Company benefits include Medical with PPO / HSA Options, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short term / Long term Disability, and a 401k match.
- 75% of time is focused on leading the engineering team on automotive OEM new product development, product launches and PPAPs.
- Hands on Player / Coach who can manage, support and improve the function / processes owned by the engineering group.
- Planning for new program development with automotive OEMs
- Lead the engineering effort to translate customer requirements from the initial quote stage through qualification and implementation of robust production processes.
- Develop cost estimates for new and existing processes to support Sales department regarding customer RFQ business opportunities.
- Launching landed projects through APQP process
- Support the Manufacturing project Engineers responsible for developing, scheduling and coordinating all elements of manufacturing finishing and inspection plans.
- Recommend and drive the acquisition of new equipment or modifications to meet the process and production need of the business.
- Developing manufacturing flows and processes in conjunction with newly landed business.
- Facilitate the development, documentation, implementation, control, and improvement of production processes.
- Drive Lean continuous improvement mind-set and projects to reduce costs by applying methodologies to balance effectively asset and labor leverage.
- Run the implementation and application of a robust (multiple-phased AIAG process) Program
- Lead the cost reduction program including technical problem solving.
- Develop and utilize performance metrics for all areas of direct responsibility
- Communicate with customers to manage expectations, resolve problems, and obtain feedback.
- Auditing and monitoring existing processes/output/waste in relation to cost reduction and maintaining BOM/ROUTERS
- Identifying and developing improvements for all operational functions
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 7+ years’ experience with automotive OEM programs / component engineering
- Previous project management experience in new product program development
- 5 years hands-on work experience utilizing APQP and working with PPAPs
- Able to build costs estimates for manufacturing processes including robotic or cellular manufacturing concepts.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents and prints
- Experienced in managing successful OEM projects and product launch
- Skilled using Six Sigma tools to manage variation and Lean methodologies for operations excellence
- Tier one/two supplier to the automotive industry is highly valued
- Professional certifications / training is a plus
- Advanced education is a plus