Operations Manager 01
Experience: Standard Management (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Category: Operations Management
Industry: Manufacturing & Dist / Automotive
Reference ID: 1923
Date Posted: 01/06/2023
We have an exceptional career opportunity for a Talented Operations Manager to join a division of a $4B diversified global company with 16,000 employees producing products for a variety of industries and markets. This division manufactures innovative products and systems for the global freight rail system. This key Leadership position will assist the General Manager in planning, organizing, and directing the manufacturing operations with optimum cost-effectiveness!
We want a Manufacturing Leader who has a broad background and understanding of the manufacturing process, plus the supervisory skills necessary to mentor and direct a workforce of hourly employees. You will ensure the timely and safe production of high-quality pressure-poured freight cars and locomotive wheels to meet sales requirements.
You can thrive in our culture as the environment is energetic, our people are motivated, and our career paths can take you where you want to go.
A strong salary/bonus compensation package and generous benefits are offered for this key role that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, EAP, Educational Reimbursement, Employer Retirement Account, Travel Accident Insurance Prescription / Drug, 401K Match, Vacation, and a Flexible Spending Account. Relocation is provided to Iowa.
- Responsible for compliance with company quality standards and productivity/WIP objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring safe workplace conditions within established safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining operation within cost and budget restrictions and ensuring continuous improvements.
- Assist the General Manager to plan, organize and direct the manufacturing facility and act on their behalf in their absence.
- Plan and schedule manpower requirements to meet labor objectives
- Handle employee issues (either formal or informal) to promote good employee relations and equitable solutions for the Company.
- Meet goals, including quality, on-time delivery performance, overtime reductions, scrap, quality, productivity improvements and labor control.
- Eliminate bottlenecks in the production process creating downtime.
- Monitor performance and implement improvements.
- Provide technical support and implement housekeeping and 5S principles. Select, develop and motivate a competent supervisory staff to assure a safe, efficient, cost-effective production operation.
- Implement and manage operational plans.
- Must be able to use, track, audit, and execute continuous improvement activities.
- Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of Manufacturing Operations Leadership experience leading multiple departments/shifts
- Must be able to demonstrate a past history of developing and implementing operations metrics to drive results
- Experience with budget management/development
- Can demonstrate a track record of cost-saving, inventory turns improvement, and implementation of planning approaches (JIT, Kanban, and Lean Manufacturing)
- Experience making high-impact decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Possesses strong change management skills.
- Ability to motivate co-workers, and colleagues, and develop a positive attitude on the shop floor.
- Skilled using advanced spreadsheet tools, word-processing, and manufacturing-control software applications are required.
- Motivated to keep schedules and/or responses to customers as needed.
- Experience in a foundry or heavy manufacturing is a plus.
- Union experience is a plus.
- Professional training/certifications are a plus. i.e.Green Belt, Black Belt, or Lean
- Advanced education is a plus
Process Manager 01
Does your current manufacturing role leave you wanting more? Ever wish you were in a close-knit team-oriented environment within a growth industry? Well, this is your lucky day! We have an immediate opening for a Process Manager to join a $4.5B manufac...Date Posted: 01/06/2023 Recommended
Electrical Maintenance Engineer 01
Exceptional opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Reliability Engineer to join a 100+-year-old division of a $4.5B diversified global company with 18,000 employees producing materials for a variety of industries. They supply the Aerospace, Automot...Date Posted: 01/06/2023 Recommended
Production Supervisor 01
We have an awesome opportunity for a Production Team Leader with a proven track record to join a billion-dollar Tier 1 global client. They have production operations in 7 countries. This role reports to a Production Manager and is responsible for the e...Date Posted: 01/06/2023 Recommended
Process Engineer 01
Do you like ocean views and white sand between your toes? Well, this awesome opportunity will give you both! If you're tired of the crazy ups and downs of the petrochem market, then this is a great role for you! Looking for a talented Chemical Process ...Date Posted: 01/06/2023 Recommended
Maintenance Manager 01
We have an Awesome Opportunity for a Maintenance Manager to join a $4B diversified global company with 18,000 employees producing materials for a variety of industries. This is an employee-owned ESOP company that supplies multiple industries. This divi...Date Posted: 01/06/2023 Recommended
Chemical Process Quality Engineer 01
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Quality Process Engineer to join a 100+-year-old division of a $4.5B diversified global company with 18,000 employees producing materials for a variety of industries. This is an employee-owned ESOP co...Date Posted: 01/06/2023 Recommended
I & C Engineer 01
Do you like ocean views and white sand between your toes? Well, this awesome opportunity will give you both! Looking for an experienced Instrumentation and Control Engineer to join a global chemical company at their refinery. Think sunshine, white sand...Date Posted: 01/06/2023 Recommended
Principal Electrical Engineer 01
We are looking for engineers who desire an awesome career opportunity in a company where you can grow and flourish! This is a role that will stimulate, reward, and appreciate you! Our business is booming and we have exceptional opportunities for Princi...Date Posted: 01/06/2023 Recommended
Reliability Engineer 01
Awesome, spectacular, incredible, unbelievable, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! Have we got your attention now? We don't need Superman, but we DO NEED an experienced Reliability Maintenance Engineer. You won't get a cape, but you will be joining an ind...Date Posted: 01/06/2023 Recommended
Senior Electrical Engineer 01
Have you ever wished for an awesome career opportunity with a company where you work with cutting-edge energy technologies? One that stimulates, rewards, and appreciates you? This is your lucky day as Business is booming and we have an exceptional oppo...Date Posted: 01/13/2023 Recommended