We have an exceptional opportunity for a Finishing Mill Shift Supervisor to join a global client in their hot rolling mill. They have thousands of employees across 38 countries. They are an industry leader and use cutting edge technologies! This division develops and produces custom, precision steel products in a new state of the art facility.
You responsible for the compliance with safety rules and organizes and monitors the workflow and the outcome with regards to quality and performance. He or she needs to be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the particular field of seamless pipe production.
This impressive leadership role comes with an aggressive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. They also have an 401k 100% match up to 6%!!! Substantial relocation support is also provided to Shreveport, LA that has been rated in the top 25 cities for recent grads not to mention a great low cost of living with nationally ranked secondary schools in the area and low taxes! Forbes rates it in their 10 best sized cities for jobs. Did I mention the great food in Louisiana?! More than 50 events / festivals a year to try it all out! Also lots of live entertainment, casinos and don't forget, Louisiana is called the sportsman's paradise for a reason!
- Provide leadership for the production shift- team;
- Support programs and procedures to ensure compliance to all safety rules and regulations;
- Implement quality control measures to ensure high quality of work;
- Monitor the performance of the production process
- Minimize unplanned downtime and maintain a high product quality level;
- Ensure facility cleanliness;
- Ensure compliance with all applicable policies and procedures;
- Maintain proper and updated training material for assigned employees to support highest performance requirements;
- Ensure that team's goals are aligned with and representative of the overall company's
- Liaison between the assigned team members and the management
- Facilitate cooperation within and between departments.
- Perform performance reviews to determine competency, knowledge and contribution;
- Calling for repairs and providing trouble shooting support to the maintenance teams to keep equipment running
- Provide manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data;
- Plan, direct work activities and obtain resources necessary for production success.
- Make decisions regarding resources needed to meet production orders and schedules
- Responsible for staffing the production areas and
- Monitor that the employees are working efficiently.
- AA/AS or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years in a shift supervisor role in a pipe mill facility
- General finishing experience is mandatory
- The candidate should have a basic understanding of automated manufacturing processes;
- Basic SAP & general computer knowledge is required
- Understanding of data acquisition systems such as IBA is preferred
- Possess excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to organize and explain complex data in a clear manner
- Detail oriented with proven analytical, problem identification and resolution skills
- Ability to work in a Team orientated atmosphere
- Demonstrated capability of results through people, technology and process;
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with supervisors, coworkers and management;
- Seamless experience is a plus
- Advanced education is a plus
- Professional training / certifications are a plus.