We have an exciting opportunity for a Engineering Maintenance Manage to join a global paint / coatings manufacturer. This great role has overall responsibility for site maintenance and engineering activity related to include all safety, quality, continuous process improvement efforts. You will provide leadership to the maintenance team and supervisor to develop solid PM programs / practices and handle all day to day maintenance activities at the plant. Your past successes in Capex project management will be a key factor, as you will be purchasing equipment and the managing multi-million dollar capital projects!
This position includes key role offers benefits that start the day you do! This includes a strong and competitive compensation plan with world class benefits that include: medical plans, HSA account, incentives, prescription plans, dental plan, vision plan, FSA account, no cost life insurance, ADD insurance, short term disability, long term disability, EAP services, business travel accident benefits, 401k with 100% match and separate company contributions!
- Coordinates and manages all engineering projects, concerning all the machines, utilities and buildings.
- Provide leadership / direction for the Maintenance Supervisor, and indirectly all shifts Maintenance Mechanics and the Lead.
- Provide leadership for all site engineering and maintenance activity.
- Champion the Process Safety Management Program
- Certify compliance with OSHA and Company standards
- Assure that all assets are utilized and maintained properly
- Analyze equipment reliability and implement action plans to reduce and eliminate failures
- Implement continuous process improvements and lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Select, train and develop all maintenance and engineering personnel
- Using such tools as the Performance & Development Dialog processes
- Directs, plans, implements world class maintenance policies and procedures
- Directs the execution of Capital Investments Projects
- Coordinating with the EHS, Quality, and Production Departments.
- Negotiates contract, pricing and terms with subcontractors and suppliers
- Ensures compliance with all EHS procedures and regulations.
- Prioritizes key projects to improve operations for safety, service, quality or costs.
- Consults with operational managers regarding investments and engineering to identify needs.
- Clarifies and formalizes the strategic elements of the project using technical expertise.
- Supports the site departments in their investment request applications.
- Ensures that all the Company directives (Process Safety Management) and local regulations are applied.
- Optimizes costs, planning, quality and safety, and leads vendor selection on projects.
- Liaisons on multi-site projects and to exchange best practices.
- Stays current on relevant technology, company news and current EHS standards
- Complies with site and laboratory policies / procedures.
- 7+ years of experience in maintenance and engineering field including leadership / management.
- Bachelors in engineering.
- Skilled in reliability based maintenance approaches and predictive maintenance technologies.
- Must be experienced with plant capital projects from conception to delivery
- Demonstrated project management skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in Process Safety Management (PSM) especially in areas pertaining to asset integrity.
- Knowledgeable in CMMS software, AutoCAD and other relevant software
- Strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Certification as a Maintenance and Reliability Professional, although not required, is preferred.
- Chemical plant experience is a plus
- Advanced education is a plus
- Professional engineering / maintenance training certifications are a plus.