We have an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Chemist to join a global leader specializing in performance coatings worldwide. This highly profitable company is in over 80 countries and employs 46,000 people. This great opportunity is a very short drive from Charlotte just across the South Carolina border.
It has a cost of living that is 10% below the US average and has low unemployment. Housing is extremely affordable. This exciting role will be responsible for performing laboratory evaluations to assist in the development of new films, coatings, and adhesive formulations. This will also include conducting lab work in developing new paint film structures and products. This position offers a very competitive compensation plan and complete benefits package including group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
- Plans, and conducts research which could have considerable influence on scientific knowledge or technological developments.
- Conduct laboratory study and analysis on a range of substances and proprietary products.
- Acts as staff consultant relative to a scientific or technical specialty.
- Evaluate the feasibility and soundness of proposed experimental approaches, techniques, or equipment when necessary data are insufficient or confirmation by testing is advisable.
- Operate test equipment used to evaluate product functionality and performance in support of development efforts.
- As an individual researcher, carries out complex or new assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures.
- May work with other Research and Development labs.
- Evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by others
- As project leader, reviews the results of project team overall, as well as individual members.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including common area and personal work areas.
- Assists chemist with coating trials on lab coaters and production coaters and laminators.
- Communicate laboratory results clearly and concisely via use of laboratory notebooks, reports, presentations, etc.
- Uses all available resources (computer, library, and other departments) to accomplish objectives.
- B.S. degree in a science major (Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Engineering)
- 5-7 years of experience in the manufacturing R&D environment
Familiar with various film fabrications and applications in the automotive industry
- Self-motivated and able to deliver on a timeline
- Team player
- Excellent verbal / writing skills
- IMR film development is a plus
- Experience with automotive specialty interior / exterior films and coatings is a plus
Experience in solvent casting films is a plus
Advanced education is a plus
Professional trainings/ certifications i.e. CchE, CPC are a plus.