We have an exceptional opportunity for a Logistics Manager to join a global client at their newest state of the art steel pipe mill. They have thousands of employees across 38 countries. They are an industry leader and use cutting edge technologies!
You will lead a team of 4 to continuously improve the logistics department to ensure all internal and external logistic processes, product, material and information flows. Responsible for the training and development of the logistics staff. Ensure the coordination of the information flow with all internal parties. Expected to deliver on customer expectations and cost targets.
This impressive leadership role comes with an aggressive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. They also have an 401k 100% match up to 6%!!! Substantial relocation support is also provided to Shreveport, LA that has been rated in the top 25 cities for recent grads not to mention a great low cost of living with nationally ranked secondary schools in the area and low taxes! Forbes rates it in their 10 best sized cities for jobs. Did I mention the great food in Louisiana?! More than 50 events / festivals a year to try it all out! Also lots of live entertainment, casinos and don't forget, Louisiana is called the sportsman's paradise for a reason!
- Provide technical and disciplinary leadership of subordinates
- Lead motivate, assess and develop the logistics team
- Ensure verification of shipping transactions to meet the required production and inventory schedule.
- Monitor compliance with health and safety and environmental protection policies
- Control your budget with respect to the economic goals of the plant
- Manage Logistics and transportation regarding shipments via rail and truck.
- Drive continuous improvement of the logistic processes in the plant
- Responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the logistics staff in general
- Ownership of the operational Key Performance Indicators of Logistics
- Work with purchasing to secure the best available freight rates through carrier negotiation
- Conduct ongoing analysis to help lower operating costs and identify areas for process improvement.
- Ensuring the correct description of the logistic process in the IT-environment
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for logistics operations
- SAP Process Owner
- Supports and executes logistics improvement projects
- Compliance and implementation of the management system (processes and standards)
- Close cooperation with sales department the ensure customer satisfaction
- Monitors the quality, quantity, cost, and efficiency of the movement and storage of inventory
- Ensures compliance with all operating policies and procedures
- Information / reporting to the Manager operational or commercial
- Create relationships with internal and external customers / suppliers
- Cooperation with the CIT regarding IT systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations or Supply Chain Management preferred
- Minimum 3 years of logistics leadership experience as senior manager
- Broad proven knowledge of logistic processes, ideally in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Deep knowledge of SAP modules.
- Can articulate success in negotiating competitive transportation agreements and leases.
- Possess strong leadership skills, (including sound judgment, aptitude for directing and motivating others, inductive and deductive reasoning abilities, problem solving skills, positive attitude, and results orientation)
- Extensive ability to communicate verbally, problem solve, and negotiate/make decisions among multiple parties or constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships internally and externally and an ability to establish credibility across organization.
- Hands-on manager with the ability to motivate, to guide, and to lead employees
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Professional Certifications, i.e. APICS CLTD and or CSCP are a plus
- Advanced Education is a plus.
- Metal industry experience is a plus