We have an awesome opportunity for a Branch Manager with operations and sales experience to join the leading manufacturer / distributor of drive train parts to the motor vehicle repair industry. The company has been in business for 45 years and has locations across the US that serve independent and franchise repair shops, automotive general repair businesses, production rebuilders, and re-sellers. They are well known and have a great reputation for customer service in the industry! They are in a strategic growth mode having made several acquisitions and they plan to continue expanding their market share. If you enjoy working with a motivated team of professionals and like growing sales, then this role smells like opportunity!
The Branch Manager will have active sales, client relationship and P&L accountability for the assigned branch location. In addition to growing top revenue and profit, this key management role is responsible for local warehouse operations, delivery / logistics, inventory management, and safety / security.
This outstanding career opportunity comes with a great salary, bonus & commission program! It also offers a generous benefits program that includes medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), disability insurance, vacation and holiday time, and education reimbursement. Another big plus is that because the business is focused on commercial and not retail it is open 5 days a week! Located in beautiful Tampa FL!
- Must have a track record of growing B2B, Commercial Business. Retail business is not applicable to the role.
- Previous experience working with Industrial Distributors like Grainger, WESCO, HD Supply, Fastenal, Motion Industries or Automotive Distributors like NAPA, PepBoys, AutoZone, CARQUEST, Advance Auto Parts, wholesale commercial dealership parts and similar companies is a good foundation for this role
- Direct sales / service to jobbers, independent repair shops, industrial accounts, fleet shops, franchised repair operations.
- Prior sales management and branch / store operations experience are required.
- Have a track record of successful P&L performance
- Strategic thinking skills with strong business analytical skill sets.
- Demonstrated superlative leadership qualities with the ability to train and develop team members.
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment while setting priorities
- Managing a diversity of job responsibilities with effective organizational skills
- Keen understanding of what drives profitability.
- Advanced education is a plus.
- Professional certifications / training is a plus
- Achieve branch sales and profitability plan.
- Leading the Branch Inside Sales Representatives to ensure location objectives are met and sales / product goals are achieved.
- Review performance of Inside Sales Representatives against plan and establish / implement improvement action plans.
- ID training needs, initiate appropriate programs, and recommend effective personnel actions.
- Participate in the establishment and execution of branch sales programs and also support/participate in national marketing / sales initiatives.
- Monitor sales, pricing, and profitability levels to ensure customer performance is optimized.
- Maintain an ongoing, effective relationship with key customers within the local market.
- Monitor competitive trends, customer needs and develop the appropriate strategy for potential changes in sales programs / customer approach.
- Establish targets for new customers and lead the team to increase sales growth.
- Conduct in-depth review of branch P&L to ensure cost structure and profit optimization.
- In conjunction with Regional Manager, review location to ensure current facility is optimized with respect to customer service and delivery reach.
- Oversee cash management process between the Branch and the Regional Credit department; work with Regional Credit Manager to address local customer credit/collection issues.
- Participate in annual budgeting process.
- Establish specific sales, operating plans and strategic actions for branch location and Inside Sales Representatives.