We have an immediate need for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join a global leader in chemical and minerals. They ship thousands of tons of chemical and mineral products to major manufacturers in over 52 countries! A big plus for this position is career stability! This multi-plant operation is extremely stable and their product in high demand with multiple industries.
You will provide electrical engineering expertise in direct support of maintenance and operations in ways that ensure optimal equipment availability. An important focus of this work is to determine the most effective maintenance approach to provide the operating facilities with the required reliability and availability, at the least cost, based on sound technical and economic justifications. Compliance with applicable State and Federal Codes, Standards and Regulations related to safety and the environment is an important part of this position.
This position offers much more including:
- Great affordability with lower than average cost of living!
- An extensive corporate relocation program provided.
- Joining an International Leader with 14,000 employees worldwide.
- Strong career stability / growth and development opportunity.
- Great location for outdoors activities. You have beautiful weather with access to mountains, desert, biking, hiking, snowboarding / skiing, boating, desert motor-sports and golfing!
- This key role has a strong compensation and benefits program that include medical/ dental insurance, FSA account, 401k match, Life / ADD insurance, disability, paid vacation, disability and education
- Work directly with engineers in other areas to identify asset issues, recommend resolutions and maintain or increase overall production reliability.
- Develop detailed project specifications including drawings, data sheets, etc. in full compliance with recognized industry standards, safety standards, and various client specifications.
- Direct and coordinate maintenance activities to restore equipment on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Develop standardized documentation including SOP’s, training, and validation of equipment repairs.
- Continuously improve the maintenance operating system (MOS). Identify the most cost-effective and applicable maintenance techniques to minimize the risk and impact of failure in facility electrical equipment and systems.
- Serve on the Electrical Safety Council and work with the I&E Compliance Coordinator providing insight from an engineering level on federal and state mandated code changes as required.
- Lead Management of Change (MOC) process for electrical driven changes and perform technical review.
- Support Central Engineering group in reviewing equipment specifications and equipment selection, monitoring installation and successful start-up of mechanical equipment in specific facility.
- 5+ years of experience in an industrial environment with at least 3 years maintenance experience.
- Previous experience in heavy process industry strongly preferred such as refinery, chemicals, mining, pulp/paper.
- Experienced with PLC’s HMIs, AC/DC drives and motors, low and medium power distribution, substations and power distribution equipment
- Experienced with CMMS and work order systems
- Six Sigma experience a plus
- Advanced Education is a plus
- Professional Training / Certifications are a plus