We have an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Buyer to join a global chemical manufacturing company. This key role is responsible for the acquisition and timely delivery of all high value equipment. The company provides customers worldwide with chemical and minerals which are essential to the manufacturing of goods essential to modern life. You will develop contracts for high value construction, contract service and contract labor expenditures. Work with a range of personnel during project definition.
Implement supplier on-boarding by executing NDAs, LOIs, MWAs, LTAs and other documents necessary for long-term relationships. Manage inventory and periodic buying of items in one or more commodities purchased to support operations.
But wait, there is more… Look at all the pluses to this exciting role, including:
- Joining a Global Leader with employees worldwide
- Career growth opportunity in a stable environment
- Lower than average housing cost and higher than average appreciation with Cost of Living below US average
- Strong career stability / growth and development opportunity
- Great location in the Southwest for outdoors activities.
- This key role has a strong compensation and benefits program that include medical/ dental insurance, FSA account, 401k match, Life / ADD insurance, disability, paid vacation, disability and education reimbursement.
- Extensive relocation program provided
To Apply for this exciting role please click here :[[Profile.Purchasing Leadership]]
- Place orders and monitor progress of those orders
- Negotiate with suppliers on a regular basis
- Confirm that adequate specifications are developed to obtain multiple quotes.
- Manage the entire RFQ process.
- Ensure that capital equipment purchases are issued, while considering performance deliverables, timely delivery and safe arrival.
- Aid functional areas on creating clear, unambiguous RFQs and RFPs.
- Analyze supplier quotations for assigned commodities or projects, and review results
- Provide status updates upon request;
- Bring orders to receiving and ensure timely payment has been made.
- Identify issues and problems on assigned purchase orders and subcontracts;
- Make recommendations for resolution of issues to management and execute approved solutions.
- Be the primary point of contact for both internal customers and external suppliers
- Bachelor's degree
- 7 years of success with purchasing, strategic sourcing, commodity management, supplier relationship management, logistics, supply chain or management consulting.
- Must be experienced in supporting / purchasing for manufacturing operations
- Practiced in planning and leading negotiations.
- Skilled at developing / writing RFQ, RFP and contract documents from scratch
- Working knowledge of legal aspects, UCC coverage and Incoterms usage for the purchase of goods and services.
- Extensive experience creating spreadsheets for data analysis.
- Can interpret complex data and solve problems.
- Proficient at writing and managing supplier contracts.
- Can work independently, establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Must be organized with a structured approach to complex work projects.
- CPM - Certified Purchasing Manager or CPSM - Certified Professional in Supply Management is highly valued
- Advanced education is a plus.