We have an exceptional opportunity for an Architectural Coatings Sales Professional to join a global leader specializing in performance coatings worldwide. You will manage and coordinate activities, projects, and assigned product lines to meet overall business revenue, income and growth objectives for the Architectural Segment for Powder and Metal coatings in the Midwest area market. This exciting role will be responsible for all commercial activity for assigned activities and projects. You will handle the strategy & tactics implementation which includes specified target development & selling.
This position offers a strong compensation plan and complete benefits package including group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
- Meets budget, sales growth, and profitability objectives for assignments.
- Serves as primary specifier seller for Powder and Metals SMU.
- Develops commercial opportunities based upon getting architect, OEM or other approvals and leads them to successful sales closure.
- Contributes to the development of platforms for multiple products based upon combinations of technologies and marketplace / specifier needs.
- Creates complete economic models for Company products, including development, capital, and manufacturing costs, revenue / income & NPV.
- Follows Company marketing & pricing protocols and tools.
- Meets established productivity and safety standards.
- Manages trade show exhibitions and sales support tools & literature for assigned product lines.
- Liaisons with Global / Regional Marketing as necessary.
- Fully incorporates information and knowledge management tools and systems into the work.
- Provides market intelligence for strategic business decisions and Portfolio Management.
- Act as a recognized expert in the relevant market segments and stay up-to-date on industry trends and market.
- Works with R&D to provide input for product development.
- Plans entire product line approval programs and provides the necessary leadership to successfully drive the program to a successful conclusion.
- Fits objectives together for multiple projects within a program to achieve overall program goals.
- Coordinates program activities to optimize timing and efficiency of start up.
- Executes strategy to protect a technology/product area.
- Proficiently uses patent analysis tools to maintain expert understand of a technology / market area.
- Becomes a key partner to specifiers.
- Provides customer-trusted service and support within areas of expertise.
- Develops effective external networks in both market and industrial circles to advance programs.
- Participates in outside committees, panels, etc. in industry trade organizations, government agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but will consider successful industry experience.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License, and a valid passport or the ability to get one.
- 4+ years specifications sales experience or the same sales experience in the architectural or coatings industry.
- Must be able to demonstrate prior success in meeting and/or exceeding sales goals.
- Possess strong communications skills; oral/written, presentations
- Must be driven to succeed, a self-starter and able to work independently.
- Road warrior and able to travel.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- SAP and CRM experience are a plus.
- Advance education is a plus.
- Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Architecture or related field are a plus.
- Professional training /certifications are a plus