We have an exceptional opportunity for a Technical Service Engineer to join a global manufacturer delivering highly engineered services, customer-first solutions and essential electrode products . Utilizing your knowledge of metals manufacturing and furnace systems, you will provide technical services to customers and provide feedback and direction regarding customer perception of product application and performance used to improve processes and products. This engineer will provide customers with value-added service contributions that help to improve their production process and reduce costs.
Generous benefits and compensation package is provided for this key role. Relocation support is also provided to the Cleveland OH area home of Rock n Roll Hall of Fame! And not to mention, world class sporting venues, restaurants, events & attractions! It has a cost of living 23% below the US average with affordable housing! Health insurance starts from day 1 and has matches for both Employee Savings Account and 401k!
- This position will provide technical services to customers and provide feedback and direction regarding customer perception of product application and performance used to improve processes and products.
- This engineer will provide customers with value-added service contributions that help to improve their production process and reduce costs.
- Your time will be spent on 50% customer issues / 50% value added service
- Visit customers to acquire and enhance product application and competitive performance.
- Provide technical advice /service support to sales, sales office and other partners.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of account strategy.
- Analyze product performance and recommends commercial value added differentiation strategies.
- Assist with the customer complaint resolution process.
- Coordinate customer trials through sales.
- Lead or participates in continuous improvement projects.
- BS Electrical Engineering, or Electrical / Electronics Engineering Technology degree or will consider other degrees with relevant experience.
- Knowledgeable of furnace systems used in steel mills
- Must be experienced with three-phase power systems
- Understands how PLC automation works in an industrial environment
- Have “shade-tree mechanic” skills ; able to troubleshoot issues with a physical entity as a system. Electrical, combustion, hydraulics, mechanical … and not jump to conclusions (“Car won’t start? Gotta be the fuel pump!”).
- Willing to take occasional pre-dawn flight, after hours visit to a customer, hotel coffee and gas station lunch. Conversely, should be OK with occasional white-table-cloth dining with client’s upper management.
- The candidate must have a strong electrical and technical background, be a self-starter and have well-disciplined work habits
- Capable of completing technical tasks with limited supervisory or other assistance.
- Must be able to take direction and ask for assistance when needed; know-it-alls need not apply.
- Moderate to strong ability to analyze related data, identify trends, and convert to action quickly.
- Moderate to strong knowledge of statistical methods skills.
- High level of confidence and capability with respect to presentation skills.
- Domestic travel 50% to production facilities and other high-level clients.
- Help clients Troubleshooting problems
- BSEE is a strong plus
- Advanced education is a plus.
- Experience with arc furnace / electrodes a big plus