We have an immediate need for a Day Supervisor Plant Utilities to join a world leader in chemical manufacturing and minerals production. A big plus for this position is career stability! There is opportunity for advancement in this role! This large chemical manufacturing complex supplies power across the entire operation and to other manufacturing facilities. The powerplant has 2 high pressure steam coal fired boilers units and a large coal transportation system. They provide steam for the plant operations. and electricity for the grid.
It is located in a great community in the southwest that has small town affordability, 350 days of sunshine, clean air, low crime and a highly educated population. A safe place to raise a family. Lifestyle includes great weather plus you have mountains, desert, biking, hiking skiing, boating, desert and golfing! There is a corporate relocation program with temp housing provided. This career position has great compensation and benefits that include medical / dental plans, flex spending account, life / ADD insurance, disability, EAP, and education reimbursement. A generous corporate relocation program provided.
Please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Responsible for day-to-day front line supervision of Utilities Operations.
- They ensure safe, efficient, and continuous operation of the Power Plant to meet operation and production goals, and export to Southern California Edison.
- This position accomplishes its tasks by working through Utilities supervisors.
- Supervise operations of the facility boilers, turbines, generators, and ancillary equipment to provide power and other utilities for production units and export to SCE electrical grid.
- Supervise training of field Operations and Control Room Technicians to develop trainees to full capability.
- AS or BS Degree in engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Nuclear) is desired but substantial experience without a degree will be considered
- 5+ years of engineering experience in Power Plant Utility operations, coal, gas, bio, or cogen.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience.
- DCS experience is desirable
- Experience with high pressure Steam Coal Fired Boiler Generation is highly desirable
- Extensive knowledge of budgeting, piping, and ASME codes, power plant operating principles, analytical troubleshooting, and maintenance principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of Security Safety Health Environment procedures.
- Competent in use of Microsoft office software.
- Experience with specialty software such as IMMPower Computerized Maintenance Management System, TRIM Electronic Documents Software, and Kronos Workforce Management Software.
- Hands-on management style of operation
- Leadership/Supervisory experience: Experienced in holding people accountable, mentoring and coaching.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Turnaround experience is a plus.
- Advanced education is a plus
- Professional certifications are a plus